The General Ross County Chat Thread

11 hours ago, RossCountyFan14 said:

You can’t just end the season on assumption, it isn’t mathematically over. You either have to void the season or carry it on once all this is finished.
Imo it’s a great chance to expand the league and transfer to summer football

An expanded league is a myth. How much more exciting would the league be if you added Dundee United and ICT into it this season?

Dont get me started on Summer football either, we'd be playing Jan-Nov or Feb-Dec, and youd have the issue of playing domestic football at the same time as Scotland are playing in a major tournament. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've been catching up on these podcasts with Ian Auld and just got to his chat with Vigurs. Plenty of stuff in there for County fans as well. And yes he talks about that picture :lol:

An awful lot is hanging on Roy Mcgregor & his board's vote..... He waiting till 4.55[emoji23]

What’s in Ross County’s interest? He’ll vote for that. And that, I daresay, is to support the proposal to end the league now.

7 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

An awful lot is hanging on Roy Mcgregor & his board's vote..... He waiting till 4.55😂

Premiership doesnt matter. Itll pass unless Hibs abstain, and theyve apparently decided to back it.

ICT will decide the Championship. 

Then the play off sides will decide League One/Two.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Premiership doesnt matter. Itll pass unless Hibs abstain, and theyve apparently decided to back it.

ICT will decide the Championship. 

Then the play off sides will decide League One/Two.

They need 9 only got 8 at the moment Hearts Aberdeen & Rangers against so Ross County vote is important. 

If football's off til mid June, some sort of pre-season will be needed so realistically probably mid-July before the next game... Makes sense to call it as it is in my opinion. Added bonus that we'll stay up, despite having been utter mince for the majority of the season.

On 06/04/2020 at 18:41, RiG said:

I've been catching up on these podcasts with Ian Auld and just got to his chat with Vigurs. Plenty of stuff in there for County fans as well. And yes he talks about that picture :lol:

Thanks for the link and I spent a pleasant hour or so gaining an insight into a player I've always admired.

He made a very interesting point on the common thread that binds the successful Championship campaigns mounted by County and more recently Dundee United.

Iain cited strength in depth as the crucial factor and whilst I can't argue on the validity of that point in and of itself, I can't help but wonder what could have expedited the additional investment in human resources in Dundee and Dingwall?

I’d probably be more inclined to join the Staggies Army if just for next season, the club said that everyone who joins HES a season ticket included and entrance to the Hamilton Lounge every game, rather than a free top and “meet and greet”. Just as a gesture of goodwill after the events of this year and to add a bit of optimism again for next season. Even if we have to pay £40ish a month for that to happen, I would be happy to do so knowing that my investment is genuinely appreciated by the club.

As it stands, I dont see any incentive for myself to invest. My four season tickets each year, along with tops and food/pints at every home game should more than make up a decent contribution to the club before adding on any subscription.

Went for the away membership, worth it in my opinion to support the club. The match ticket discount is pretty decent, and I'll make the most of it for the half dozen or so home games I normally make it to. Not sure if away tickets are gonna be included in that? If so, that's the membership more than paid for itself.

On 19/04/2020 at 16:52, frankthetank22 said:

Must admit, i think I'll do it just to help the club out. 

What's the entrance to the Hamilton lounge about, is it not just entrance with a match ticket anyway? 

Only mentioned the HL as an example, not necessarily a literal idea. But do believe that an alternative to the Staggies Bar would be great. As good as the staggies Bar is, it is absolutely rammed as far as an hour before kick off, and you can hardly move at times. Having a members-only place would be a good incentive to many I’m sure

On 20/04/2020 at 17:35, stagdhu said:

Only mentioned the HL as an example, not necessarily a literal idea. But do believe that an alternative to the Staggies Bar would be great. As good as the staggies Bar is, it is absolutely rammed as far as an hour before kick off, and you can hardly move at times. Having a members-only place would be a good incentive to many I’m sure

That'd be something I'd be very keen on.