The General Ross County Chat Thread

The article making this link reads like someone needed something for a deadline so just published a Twitter rumour to fill space. Nothing to see here, not the droids you're looking for, go about your business, move along.

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

I'd accept 200k and a player coming the other way, for example Mclennan from Aberdeen.

No way will we let McLennan go.

Scott Wright on the other hand....

Can County fans recall the reason Robbo left you lot a good few years ago? For some reason I have it in my head it was over disagreements with the board regarding transfers / players and with the current fire sale at ICT I wonder if history might repeat itself...

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Can County fans recall the reason Robbo left you lot a good few years ago? For some reason I have it in my head it was over disagreements with the board regarding transfers / players and with the current fire sale at ICT I wonder if history might repeat itself...

From memory it was him wanting to sign a couple more players, the board saying no, so he said he was going to sack the entire youth team.

Good God its quiet on this thread.

Late in the day but safe to assume that the likelihood of anything happening either way is remote?

Also, did Robertson not suggest that players were asked to take a wage drop before he left, which was later deemed untrue? Seem to remember something along those lines as a reason to why he bolted.

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

County are down. The back four is just so porous, nobody is scoring goals, Gardyne hasn’t been replaced, and a couple of the bigger name signings have contributed nothing.

You'll feel better next time you win.

We've got a shit stain run of fixtures coming up so presumably we'll be the next club to go on a poor run and feel doomed.

A whole window where it's obvious we're crying out for a winger with Midge and Stewart out and then we have the joy of travelling to Kilmarnock to see Cowie playing left wing?

Get these two co-manager diddies in the bin.

Edited by staggy4life

7 hours ago, staggy4life said:

A whole window where it's obvious we're crying out for a winger with Midge and Stewart out and then we have the joy of travelling to Kilmarnock to see Cowie playing left wing?

Get these two co-manager diddies in the bin.

Poor performance v Killie but how much of it was due to Cowie playing on the left?

I didn't see it myself but note that Spittal came on for the last quarter+ of the game. Also seem to recall Cowie playing in all channels of the midfield in days / years / decades gone by.

I put it to you, staggies4doom, that our problems aren't primarily about whether we have enough wingers. Mainly just need to play competitive football better.