The General Ross County Chat Thread

Oli Shaw and Ross Stewart are about to make sweet love to the Scottish Premiership.

If he turns out half as successful a signing as Stewart, relegation won’t be an issue. Pretty excited by this one, I must say.

A winger next please, Uncle.

It’s funny, I had a conversation with a Hibs pal last night and asked what had happened to Shaw. His comments were he didn’t think he’d make it at Hibs, but a change might help. He’s pretty quick and does score goals, but also knocked around pretty easily.

I’d probably have been pleased to see saints take a chance in him to be honest.

It’s funny, I had a conversation with a Hibs pal last night and asked what had happened to Shaw. His comments were he didn’t think he’d make it at Hibs, but a change might help. He’s pretty quick and does score goals, but also knocked around pretty easily.

I’d probably have been pleased to see saints take a chance in him to be honest.

I like the idea of him playing up front with Stewart. A raw but potentially excellent front line.

5 hours ago, AberdeenHibee said:

A move to Ross County is the best for all parties here IMO. 

• Six figure sum for us - really decent for very much a fringe player. 
  • There is a good striker in there for SPFL level for sure, he just really needs more senior experience to develop and we can't give him it just now. 
  • If County play it right, a good deal for them as well.  Definitely potential there. 

All the best to Oli Shaw if he does move, hope he does well. 👍

I'm hearing that aberdeen have paid us between £60k-£90k for our youth player Mark Gallagher so it makes this six figure fee sound more plausible.

(well as long as it's nearer £100,000 than £999,999 we're offering for Oli) 

1 hour ago, central staggie said:

Has this been confirmed, yet?

Cant see it anywhere, but quietly optimistic about this potential signing.

All hearsay at the moment, but think he would be a good signing for you guys.  Has pace and can finish.  Needs to bulk up a bit but that can be done. 

52 minutes ago, third lanark said:

How have Blair spittal and Brian Graham been for you guys this season?

Graham is Graham, will have a couple of good games then a couple of games walking about with his arms out moaning. Would personally keep him as he always has goals in his locker.

Spittal not so sure, I don't rate him but not really seen enough of him.

4 hours ago, third lanark said:

How have Blair spittal and Brian Graham been for you guys this season?

Spittal in bursts looks like he has something about him in terms of quality. Not often enough to be more than a bottom six player, but he's worth keeping.