The General Ross County Chat Thread

Got this from an Exeter fan:

My thoughts of Tilson. Will play in the CDM role, sit in front of the defence and does a great job at breaking down the opposition attacks. Will have a lot of critics. Doesn’t have the best passing ability but that’s not what he’s in the team for. He will also be one of the first names of the team sheet because of how important he’ll be in that role. Hope he finds his confidence back and becomes a great addition for you

1 hour ago, Rosscubed said:

Got this from an Exeter fan:

My thoughts of Tilson. Will play in the CDM role, sit in front of the defence and does a great job at breaking down the opposition attacks. Will have a lot of critics. Doesn’t have the best passing ability but that’s not what he’s in the team for. He will also be one of the first names of the team sheet because of how important he’ll be in that role. Hope he finds his confidence back and becomes a great addition for you

Is that not similar to how Tim Chow was sold to us?

Just woke up, a week too early for our next fixture.

I see we've lost Brian Graham and temporarily Ross Stewart. Should be manageable as long as no more injuries to Forwards. I guess Tilson gives us more chance of having at least one defensive midfielder available at any time while the others are injured or recovering match fitness. Similarly another defender won't go amiss for the same reason.

Time for another wee kip I think.

Zzz

We are all ticket now 

You can buy it from this link, you should be emailed a PDF file with a QR code but I'd recommend letting the page refresh to the success page as we have had some instances of the email not appearing recently, you can download it direct from that page. 

Wouldn't recommend buying on the day! 

Your link:

https://tickets.ayrunitedfc.co.uk/package_link/221/RCaway

I liked Tillson at Exeter, not the best ability-wise but he'll break up opposition attacks and be a bit of a rock at times. Whether or not he'll actually be a good signing at this level is debatable (having a top work rate doesn't always make a good player) but I'd like to see him do well.

Tillson reminds me of a Tim chow type signing. Won’t judge until I’ve seen him a few times but hopefully he gets a run out against Ayr.

Donaldson is an improvement on what we have and for about 30k he might grow into a promising CB he’s only 24. Hope it doesn’t affect Grivo’s chances

Grivosti really could do with a loan, but there’s no point if he’s going to leave in the summer.

Grivosti really could do with a loan, but there’s no point if he’s going to leave in the summer.

What’s happening with Grivosti?

Last I’d seen he was highly rated and similar in playing style to Ryan Porteous. Notice he’s not playing at all for you guys. He’s a name of thought of at saints, probably as a 3/4 choice centreback but he probably wants to play games. He’s maybe not got the experience we want, but I’d be keen to take a punt.

Maybe it’s a case that he’s not up to top flight football and I’m way off with my assessment, but seems to me he’s a potentially a sellable asset down the line for whoever he ends up at and isn’t old in the slightest?

Grivosti was injured for a while, but I'm not sure if he's recovered and fully fit yet? I think he should be starting most weeks when fit, and it would be a shame to see him go sideways in the summer to another bottom six club (although I assume we'd be due compensation?).

There was rumours of English Championship clubs sniffing about. I'm pretty confident that he'll end up playing at the top end of the English second tier / bottom end of the English topflight at some point in his career.

Grivosti came off injured against rangers, at the end of october, hamstring/knee injury iirc. Don't think he's taken to the field since.   He's undoubtedly a good prospect and imo it should be between him and Watson  to play beside Callum Morris in the middle of our defence but Liam Fontaine seems to be unshiftable from the team this season, regardless of performances.

I don't know who his agent is but Tom Grivosti always seems linked to teams back down south but he's a scouser so that's not a surprise.  Hopefully he stays in Dingwall, is offered and signs a new longer contract.