The General Ross County Chat Thread

Just now, Comrie said:

Believe he's signed up to June 2021.

I posted it previously about County, but they certainly seem to have an eye for players that will make them a decent profit in the long run. 

Seems to be at least one a season. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 08:24, staggy1929 said:

2 centre backs are needed in January big time. 

it's now gotten to the point where there's no point in celebrating goals that put us ahead in games cause I know we'll just throw it away anyway.

On ‎29‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:18, The Great Stagsby said:

For me, it's now got to the point where I was looking through up-coming fixtures yesterday to identify when we might next pick up some points, and I realised there aren't ANY fixtures where I think we will be picking up any points. Certainly not wins.

Pretty blooming miserable!

On ‎29‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 13:00, Comrie said:

Kilmarnock at home we mayget a draw. Certainly not a win, Killie are far too good defensively for us to break down, but they generally don't score a lot. The other game is St. Johnstone away, but we're generally guff down there. The other games are not favourable looking.

These were how I was thinking but watching the performances v Celtic, Hibs and Killie ...

I feel a lot better. Improved defensive performance and encouraging clean sheet v Killie, as well as Lee Erwin impressing with his first goal.

These were how I was thinking but watching the performances v Celtic, Hibs and Killie ...
I feel a lot better. Improved defensive performance and encouraging clean sheet v Killie, as well as Lee Erwin impressing with his first goal.

How you feeling now? [emoji13]

1 hour ago, The Great Stagsby said:

Can anyone confirm that kids go free" to the Motherwell game, and what ages that actually covers? I've seen it on the advertising board on the way in from Maryburgh roundabout, but I just went on the official club site and can't find any reference to it at all...?!

It's mentioned here in the wee preview Motherwell put up yesterday. u18s are free apparently.

1699989353_ScreenShot2019-12-24at10_21_22.png.6eb2e3a643b5c319ec52c1313fd90b12.png

6 hours ago, RossCountyFan14 said:

Seen a Rangers correspondent for the athletic saying we are interested in bringing in Josh McPake. Haven’t seen him play but heard he’s very highly rated and one of the best of their academy group just now... make of that what you will

Wiki says he's a young winger, currently on loan to dundee until January. 

With Gardyne confirmed to be out for 3 or 4 months, there's probably some truth to it. I've no idea if he's any good though. 

7 hours ago, RossCountyFan14 said:

Seen a Rangers correspondent for the athletic saying we are interested in bringing in Josh McPake. Haven’t seen him play but heard he’s very highly rated and one of the best of their academy group just now... make of that what you will

Dundee fans reckon hes a wee frail boy who isnt ready for senior football.

On 27/12/2019 at 18:29, football maniac said:

https://twitter.com/PastSpfl/lists  a comprehensive list of players/managers to play or manage your team in the Spfl. Please feel free to follow/share

thank you for reminding me that terry dunfield played for county

On 24/12/2019 at 10:07, Savage Henry said:

How you feeling now? emoji13.png

Writing off Livi game as I have a sick note. Encouraged by Motherwell game. Slightly discouraged by St Johnstone game.

We could have got a least a point from (the constantly winning) Motherwell but then apparently didn't deserve the point we did get in Perth. 

Once Vigurs is closer to 100% fit, he should help firm up our midfield. That robust yet creative element - for breaking up opposition attacks and rapidly finding a dangerous forward ball - has arguably been missing and putting our defence under too much pressure. I'd prefer him not to get sent off if at all possible.

Disappointed that other diddy teams all got good results on 26th, but there's still a lot of season and all to play for.

"Yay"

6 minutes ago, Les Westander of County said:

Once Vigurs is closer to 100% fit, he should help firm up our midfield. That robust yet creative element - for breaking up opposition attacks and rapidly finding a dangerous forward ball - has arguably been missing and putting our defence under too much pressure. I'd prefer him not to get sent off if at all possible.

I'm not sure if you can trust Vigurs to not try and get himself sent off at least a couple of times before the end of the season.

I'm not sure if you can trust Vigurs to not try and get himself sent off at least a couple of times before the end of the season.

Probably not, but he and Draper are miles ahead of everyone else in central midfield, it’s not even funny.

13 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Probably not, but he and Draper are miles ahead of everyone else in central midfield, it’s not even funny.

I may have agreed with that at the start of the season but Spence's ball retention and general mobility on the pitch is far superior to anything Draper has offered for a long time. 

Paton has looked good too, Vigurs and Draper will add depth but should be far from automatic picks for our midfield. 

Any transfer rumours, there was a Partick fan suggesting they were after Graham. 

He's been a useful impact sub but he may want more playing time and with Erwin fitter we could free up some wages?

A wide player is surely what we want, especially with Midge out for so long. Any suggestions? 

1 minute ago, frankthetank22 said:

Any transfer rumours, there was a Partick fan suggesting they were after Graham. 

He's been a useful impact sub but he may want more playing time and with Erwin fitter we could free up some wages?

A wide player is surely what we want, especially with Midge out for so long. Any suggestions? 

Joe Chalmers has apparently asked to leave for regular football.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Joe Chalmers has apparently asked to leave for regular football.

Not surprising tbh, I'd forgotten about him myself.

As in my post above, we have Spence, Paton and Henderson all performing reasonably okay in the centre atm, with Vigurs and Draper hopefully on their way back. Joe's popped up with a couple of very useful late goals but in matches he's started he's disappeared and looked like a player the rest of the team needs to carry, not something we can afford to do imo.  Whereas Paton, arguably a similar forward thinking central midfielder, has been demanding the ball from team mates and surprisingly good (for a wee guy) in the tackle too.

If he wants away, fair enough but i'm happy for him to stay given how fragile Vigurs and Draper are.

1 hour ago, frankthetank22 said:

Not surprising tbh, I'd forgotten about him myself.

As in my post above, we have Spence, Paton and Henderson all performing reasonably okay in the centre atm, with Vigurs and Draper hopefully on their way back. Joe's popped up with a couple of very useful late goals but in matches he's started he's disappeared and looked like a player the rest of the team needs to carry, not something we can afford to do imo.  Whereas Paton, arguably a similar forward thinking central midfielder, has been demanding the ball from team mates and surprisingly good (for a wee guy) in the tackle too.

If he wants away, fair enough but i'm happy for him to stay given how fragile Vigurs and Draper are.

Chalmers was a strange signing at the time, he's a decent championship centre midfielder. When fit I'd like to see a midfield 2 of Vigurs and Paton