The General Ross County Chat Thread

Very similar to what livi did when promoted, they kept a largely unchanged team and rode the momentum first few months then dropped off. County are no different.

Fontaine is finished, a nice guy but even at championship level he wasn’t convincing. We praise Watson and Morris as our CBs but in honesty they are made to look better than they are because of Fonts. I’d want 2 new CBs in Jan ideally. (Grivo has the potential to be a quality starter every week)

Foster has been our best signing yet Kelly is picked over him?? Kelly wasn’t bad yesterday but hibs and Hamilton away showed that foster is our best full back by a mile. Fraser was actually good yesterday too.

Spence for me offers little than side ways passes. Against top 4 teams when he has to work hard off the call he’s good but against teams like st Mirren Hamilton etc we need more cutting edge and creativity in there, Chalmers should be ahead imo.

Celtic, Hibs and Kilmarnock in the next three games. If results go against us we could be second bottom.

Think there may need to be some serious investment in the side in January.

6 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

In fairness, it’s almost exactly the same squad as last season.

Yeah that's fair but it's nice to hear the old favourites once in a while.

4 hours ago, RiG said:

County struggling in the first half of the season? Serious investment required in January?

"The Ross County Way"

We spent enough of the season being matched/outplayed at times by teams below us. Caley outplaying us completely in the first two derbies last season stands out.

We spent enough of the season being matched/outplayed at times by teams below us. Caley outplaying us completely in the first two derbies last season stands out.

Scott Fox saved us on multiple occasions. He was the difference in those games.

Is if maybe a sign of McGregor reigning it in a bit? The squad indeed doesn't look much different from last year. 

Writing off 1.5 million every season to try to get 10th in the Premiership every year cant be fun. Even for him. 

Is if maybe a sign of McGregor reigning it in a bit? The squad indeed doesn't look much different from last year. 
Writing off 1.5 million every season to try to get 10th in the Premiership every year cant be fun. Even for him. 

It was unsustainable, though they finished a lot higher than 10th.

Something like 72% of the turnover went on wages in our last relegation season.

43 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

It was unsustainable, though they finished a lot higher than 10th.

Something like 72% of the turnover went on wages in our last relegation season.

Paying the likes of McEveley, Davies, Eagles and N'gog absolutely bonkers money didn't help.

On 27/11/2019 at 08:24, staggy1929 said:

2 centre backs areeded in Januar

it's now gotten to the point where there's no point in celebrating goals that put us ahead in games cause I know we'll just throw it away anyway.

For me, it's now got to the point where I was looking through up-coming fixtures yesterday to identify when we might next pick up some points, and I realised there aren't ANY fixtures where I think we will be picking up any points. Certainly not wins.

Pretty blooming miserable!

41 minutes ago, The Great Stagsby said:

For me, it's now got to the point where I was looking through up-coming fixtures yesterday to identify when we might next pick up some points, and I realised there aren't ANY fixtures where I think we will be picking up any points. Certainly not wins.

Pretty blooming miserable!

Kilmarnock at home we mayget a draw. Certainly not a win, Killie are far too good defensively for us to break down, but they generally don't score a lot. The other game is St. Johnstone away, but we're generally guff down there. The other games are not favourable looking.

I'm sure he's played in a cup game. He wasn't convincing but had little to do. I can't find anything to say he has, so maybe it was a friendly? Carlisle?

Edited by Comrie

5 hours ago, Comrie said:

Rumours floating about that multiple English sides are sniffing around Ross Stewart.

Funnily enough just came on here as a Brentford fan in work was going on about him earlier. Seems they've had folk up watching him since last year. 

What's his contract situation? 

2 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Funnily enough just came on here as a Brentford fan in work was going on about him earlier. Seems they've had folk up watching him since last year. 

What's his contract situation? 

Believe he's signed up to June 2021.