The General Ross County Chat Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wonder if Baxter will make the bench on Saturday.

St. Mirren don't score much but we're incapable of keeping a clean sheet so there should be goals in it.

45 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Baxter should go straight in if he is fit. Laidlaw is useless.

A little bit harsh (but understandable), he's not getting helped by our defence which is an utter shambles.

Baxter should go straight in if he is fit. Laidlaw is useless.

Have to disagree, usually only get to away games now but he’s been very good in a lot of those (Aberdeen away aside). A lot of people have said the last Aberdeen home game Laidlaw was useless but watching the goals on the highlights there’s nothing really he could of done for any. First free kick the wall spilts. The 2nd is an awkward cross with graham completely missing it. 3rd is top bins and even Neuer isn’t saving that. Our defence is our main problem 100%

On 18/11/2019 at 01:36, RossCountyFan14 said:

Our defence is our main problem 100%

Absolutely. I don't have too much to say about Laidlaw either way (which does suggest to me personally he hasn't been "stand-out BAD")... But joint worst goals conceded added to Laidlaw topping the 'saves' table on 50, 7 more than second place, all point unequivocally to a rotten defence.

Absolutely. I don't have too much to say about Laidlaw either way (which does suggest to me personally he hasn't been "stand-out BAD")... But joint worst goals conceded added to Laidlaw topping the 'saves' table on 50, 7 more than second place, all point unequivocally to a rotten defence.

Indeed. So what do the managers do? Change the keeper and leave the back four as.

On 22/11/2019 at 14:36, The Great Stagsby said:

How on earth does Liam Fontaine continually get selected for the first team! I mean he's a nice guy by all accounts but imo he's the cause of so much confusion in our defence.  Keeping Keith Watson on the bench seems crazy too.

(odds on a Fontaine star show today, after saying this, well we're due one anyway)

4 points off the bottom, I'm feeling very pessimistic. S&F have gotta sort this fucking defence out, this has been pish for too long now! 

A relegated team generally is unable to redress their defensive problems. Even in a close league, you can tell a relegated team apart quite easily. St Johnstone look completely shambolic in defence, but I have more faith in Wright being able to fix it than County’s pair.

I assume our medical staff have messed up on Draper again.

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

St Johnstone look completely shambolic in defence, but I have more faith in Wright being able to fix it than County’s pair.

Worth mentioning we've been like this for 11 months now, and we're getting worse if anything.

16 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I assume our medical staff have messed up on Draper again.

Draper was horrendous against Hamilton. I reckon he can only play as part of a midfield three at this level now. Which would be fine, but seemingly none of our forwards can play as a lone striker. The trade-off appears to be between a midfield three and one striker, versus two strikers and a midfield two.

A couple of positives from yesterday:

• Sean Kelly is absolutely fine and ideally both Foster and Kelly would be the full-backs
  • Lee Erwin (Leigh Irwin) showed glimpses of being a very useful player once he's fully fit