The General Ross County Chat Thread

Paton and Henderson were decent in centre midfield against Motherwell, but the game really swung in our favour once they got subbed off for Spittal and Chalmers. Despite being a dour b*****d, it's great to see Paton in the first team, and I think his missus and wee one were at the game. Grivo's brother was there as well, who looks an actual unit of a boy.

Ricky looked a bit shite against Aberdeen, but has put in a couple of good if not especially noteworthy performances since (aside from that cracking turn and cross against Well). Definitely an upgrade from Kelly, who I'm surprised is still here despite losing about a couple of stone over the summer.

I'd say get Laidlaw as far away from the team as possible, but we'd be left with Ruddy. Seems to take far too long to distribute the ball, robbing us of counter attack opportunities and really doesn't look comfortable under pressure. Would rather recall Munro to be honest, but I'd say Baxter is still first choice as soon as he's halfway fit.

Edited by Aqy

It was a dislocated shoulder for Baxter and, IIRC, they expected it would be around about 4 months out injured. I reckon we won't see him until after the November international break.

It's not really the sort of injury you want to be rushing a young goalkeeper (who belongs to another club) back from.

This is far better than I expected.

People say I moan about County too much but when things go well, It'd be daft no to praise the players and the gaffers.

table.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

tbf, I’d quite like to see Power get a run in the team (although I think he’s just back from that hamstring strain?). Mullin too.

I like Ross Stewart and it’s difficult to argue against recent results but I do not like Ross Stewart playing wide. Gardyne would also be better utilised in the middle IMO.

1 minute ago, yoda said:

tbf, I’d quite like to see Power get a run in the team (although I think he’s just back from that hamstring strain?). Mullin too.

I like Ross Stewart and it’s difficult to argue against recent results but I do not like Ross Stewart playing wide. Gardyne would also be better utilised in the middle IMO.

If we had to drop someone currently I'd be dropping Midge or as you say move him centrally playing off the striker, his pace has gone for the most part and is more affective having the ball at his feet.

a midfield/attack like this could be interesting.

Draper

Power Paton Mullin

Gardyne

Stewart

If Gardyne got dropped I don't think he'd have a lot of complaints. He's probably better as an impact player now as his ability to cover ground has dropped significantly. 

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

What the hell is this ^^^^ all about? 

Our original colours, man.

We didn't move to a darker blue until the 50's.

Edited by Comrie