The General Ross County Chat Thread

No fan of Ross County but it's not like the players / staff are guzzling sausage suppers every single day of the week (apart from uber blob Richard Brittain). A Dominos or chippy after a game is hardly the end of the world.

40 minutes ago, RiG said:

No fan of Ross County but it's not like the players / staff are guzzling sausage suppers every single day of the week (apart from uber blob Richard Brittain). A Dominos or chippy after a game is hardly the end of the world.

I'm fairly sure its common practice, even at "elite" level, for players to have a pizza after a game.

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm fairly sure its common practice, even at "elite" level, for players to have a pizza after a game.

22 minutes ago, Dele said:

This. I think it's to do with a carb load. After any game at Dens Dominos drop off about 10 pizzas.

I've seen our players taken a massive Dominos order onto the bus after games (Queens away last season). Makes sense. Get a load of carbs and proteins back into the system relatively quickly. Not sure why some supporters lose their heads over it.

I've seen our players taken a massive Dominos order onto the bus after games (Queens away last season). Makes sense. Get a load of carbs and proteins back into the system relatively quickly. Not sure why some supporters lose their heads over it.

God forbid County had lost. It’d be gruel all round.

57 minutes ago, RiG said:

Was it not a custom of Butcher's to get the team bus to stop at Pitlochry for a chippy on the way home from the central belt?

52 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

Was it not a custom of Butcher's to get the team bus to stop at Pitlochry for a chippy on the way home from the central belt?

Pretty sure most of our managers have done that. No issues with it myself. Our players could be eating pizza every night of the week so long as they win games as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by RiG

It was quite amusing to see St Duthus congregate for a squad meal and meeting at the Royal Hotel in Tain before their match on Saturday. Far cry from my days of playing when you’d stumble out of bed after a heavy night before and blearily play against hungover psychos in the likes of Alness. The attention to nutrition, fitness, psychology etc seems to really have been embraced by amateur teams now which I’m not sure if it’s neccessary or not. Out of interest, do any other amateur teams do this?

34 minutes ago, stagdhu said:

It was quite amusing to see St Duthus congregate for a squad meal and meeting at the Royal Hotel in Tain before their match on Saturday. Far cry from my days of playing when you’d stumble out of bed after a heavy night before and blearily play against hungover psychos in the likes of Alness. The attention to nutrition, fitness, psychology etc seems to really have been embraced by amateur teams now which I’m not sure if it’s neccessary or not. Out of interest, do any other amateur teams do this?

I take exception to that.....

.....most of the time we were still drunk.

14 hours ago, stagdhu said:

The attention to nutrition, fitness, psychology etc seems to really have been embraced by amateur teams now which I’m not sure if it’s neccessary or not. 

Fit as a fiddle and mentally strong. They can't trap a ball though. 

You've got to get down to the pub leagues before you start seeing guys with beer bellies, usually making up for fitness with the ability to kick everything that moves and even then they are in the minority.

3 hours ago, Dele said:

Fit as a fiddle and mentally strong. They can't trap a ball though. 

I like that  If they can't trap a ball I suppose a wee dribble is out of the question  Great 3 points so a fish supper is well deserved