The General Ross County Chat Thread

Anyone else think it's time to drop the 4-4-2?

We have bodies in there to play a 4-2-3-1 type formation I think.

Going by fit players we could have

Laidlaw

Fraser Morris Watson Foster

Grivo   Henderson

Mullin  Gardyne  Power

Stewart

I'm obviously not a football manager by any means but seems logical with what we have.

Anyone else think it's time to drop the 4-4-2?
We have bodies in there to play a 4-2-3-1 type formation I think.
Going by fit players we could have
                Laidlaw
Fraser Morris Watson Foster
        Grivo   Henderson
Mullin  Gardyne  Power
               Stewart
I'm obviously not a football manager by any means but seems logical with what we have.

I’d prefer if draper was in CDM instead of Grivo, Grivo is a good promising CB so we shouldn’t tinker with that imo. Sure he looked decent there in a 1 off game but McManus looked really good out wide for 1 game vs Motherwell and we all know how that played out after playing him wide on numerous occasions afterwards

Just now, RossCountyFan14 said:

I’d prefer if draper was in CDM instead of Grivo, Grivo is a good promising CB so we shouldn’t tinker with that imo. Sure he looked decent there in a 1 off game but McManus looked really good out wide for 1 game vs Motherwell and we all know how that played out after playing him wide on numerous occasions afterwards

Just going by what we have fit at the moment as draper is missing the next 6 weeks at least. Grivosti  is a centre back I agree there but as of right now we need someone with a bit of bite in that position and he fits the bill.

Playing Vigurs in the middle of a 4-4-2 is just asking for teams to outwork us in the middle. Vigurs has never been the most energetic around the park but looks to have even lost what little pace his had.

29 minutes ago, Darren said:

Good news, folks. Apparently Dingwall is miles away from anywhere and there's f**k all to do, so Henderson will be concentrating on his football.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49593711

No even a nightclub anymore, he'll have to settle with the Mallard's late licence.

15 hours ago, mo83 said:

Joel Macbeath.....Talk to me.Montrose have just signed the young striker on loan....Any good?

11 hours ago, GableEnder21 said:

Aye. Can he score a goal? If the answer is yes I'll be delighted. We are desperate.

Tall lad - bit of a beanpole still - who does score plenty for the u20s.  Tidy with the ball at his feet, he floats between centre-backs well and he has good technique.  It's a big leap to League 1 though where he won't be preying on naive defenders. If he can cope with it physically I think he'll do well.

2 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Tall lad - bit of a beanpole still - who does score plenty for the u20s.  Tidy with the ball at his feet, he floats between centre-backs well and he has good technique.  It's a big leap to League 1 though where he won't be preying on naive defenders. If he can cope with it physically I think he'll do well.

Cheers pal. Owell, we shall see.