The General Ross County Chat Thread

55 minutes ago, Comrie said:

DKD away. Welp.

Why are we releasing players like DKD and keeping liabilities like Vigurs? He’s proved already this season that he’s not able to play in our system at this level, DKD is raw but has more enthusiasm and application than Vigurs ever had.

2 minutes ago, Stub Acme said:

Why are we releasing players like DKD and keeping liabilities like Vigurs? He’s proved already this season that he’s not able to play in our system at this level, DKD is raw but has more enthusiasm and application than Vigurs ever had.

Maybe the managers 

a) don't rate him 

or

b) don't think he's kicked on or learned to combat the flaws in his game enough

I am a little surprised by this, especially with us punting Armstrong too.

Ewan Henderson is a superb signing. Surprised we have managed to get him but we do have a very good relationship with Celtic over the years.

It’s not who I expected, but who knows. Wonder if Iain Vigurs might have a harder time getting a game?

I still think somebody else might come in.

Your chairman apparently agreed a loan deal for Jason Naismith last month, but your managers rejected the chance to sign him.

Being reported now as hes joining Hibs.

44 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Your chairman apparently agreed a loan deal for Jason Naismith last month, but your managers rejected the chance to sign him.

Being reported now as hes joining Hibs.

If true that’s bizarre and amateur, where is your source?

Just now, Rcfc fan said:

If true that’s bizarre and amateur, where is your source?

Daily Record...

Edited by RandomGuy.

Naismith has gone to Hibs. If we've missed out on him that's extremely worrying- maybe there's something between the gaffers and him from our relegation season we don't know about? 

Good on our management team for resisting Naismith.

As good as he is, the money we'd have had to spend would be wasted. Fraser hasn't been his best the last few years but there's positions where the same expenditure would offer more important upgrades to our team than at RB - for example, LB & CM.

If it's a choice between taking in Naismith to demote Fraser to the bench/move him into CB or spending the money on someone like Henderson for example, then it's a no brainer.

51 minutes ago, Spain said:

Good on our management team for resisting Naismith.

As good as he is, the money we'd have had to spend would be wasted. Fraser hasn't been his best the last few years but there's positions where the same expenditure would offer more important upgrades to our team than at RB - for example, LB & CM.

If it's a choice between taking in Naismith to demote Fraser to the bench/move him into CB or spending the money on someone like Henderson for example, then it's a no brainer.

Who is a better LB, Foster or Fraser?  Foster has more experience there but Fraser didn't let the team down when he played there at the end of 17/18.  If Naismith coming in meant Fraser moving left, it would have meant Foster didn't need to be signed and perhaps that would have still allowed Henderson to come in?

I'd prefer Naismith right and Fraser left, than Fraser right and Foster left, on paper.

ETA: I'm going to guess Fraser has had assurances that he would be first-choice right-back and captain in the last couple of years.

27 minutes ago, yoda said:

if it's true, I'm more annoyed at MacGregor going behind them to do his own transfer dealings. It happened last season and I'd rather it didn't happen again.

I understand that sentiment, however.

Edited by bunglebonce