The General Ross County Chat Thread

Foster's performances generally (he got off to a good start, which always helps when form maybe dips down the line) meant he got away with being thoroughly unlikeable. So in terms of what he'll offer with the ball at his feet, he should be fine. Will I miss having to support him, probably not. 

4 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

If it wasn't for McIntyre there's a good chance he'd have never left us in the first place so I'm happy to see him back in.

If it wasn’t for Tommy Wright would he have left them in the second place?

I’m not McIntyre’s greatest fan but there is a recurring theme here.

Edited by bunglebonce

He’s had 3 strikes at saints and Wright doesn’t suffer fools gladly. Dependable player, but if it’s not going well you don’t want to be around him. Found he was also slow and closing down and let balls into the box from deep far too easily in the later stages of his saints career.

We've a young inexperienced squad who are struggling and needed leaders.

Foster was appointed vice captain to be that leader they needed to help them through.

Hes been released just weeks after for his third serious offence at the club, one in which he verbally abused the manager halfway through a training session then walked out and vanished.

I'll be glad hes out our dressing room, although I imagine your more experienced dressing room might control him better.

1 minute ago, Widge said:

He’s had 3 strikes at saints and Wright doesn’t suffer fools gladly. Dependable player, but if it’s not going well you don’t want to be around him. Found he was also slow and closing down and let balls into the box from deep far too easily in the later stages of his saints career.

We have had Sean Kelly and Kenny Van Der Weg at Left Back he surely can't be slower than them!

At best he starts for us and helps our back line and at worst he's cover for two positions.

We've a young inexperienced squad who are struggling and needed leaders.
Foster was appointed vice captain to be that leader they needed to help them through.
Hes been released just weeks after for his third serious offence at the club, one in which he verbally abused the manager halfway through a training session then walked out and vanished.
I'll be glad hes out our dressing room, although I imagine your more experienced dressing room might control him better.

Interestingly (and by that I mean not very interestingly), Amy MacDonald on social media is saying that this is entirely due to wanting to play regularly, and that there has been no fall out with the manager. It’s the Daily Record being the Daily Record. In fact she’s saying Tommy Wright’s been great. So there.

Can only echo what the other Saints fans have said. A decent player for us - especially during his first season and when playing behind Drey Wright at the start of last season - but that's 3 times he's overstepped the mark with us, and only weeks after being appointed one of our two vice captains.

You know what you're getting with him so no point in me talking him up or down. 

9 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Interestingly (and by that I mean not very interestingly), Amy MacDonald on social media is saying that this is entirely due to wanting to play regularly, and that there has been no fall out with the manager. It’s the Daily Record being the Daily Record. In fact she’s saying Tommy Wright’s been great. So there.

That's a bizarre take on things, considering Foster was our first choice RB.

I don't think Foster was ever dropped whilst playing for us, other than the Hibs game just passed on Saturday. He missed some games because of injury and suspension but to say he left for first team football alone is clearly bullshit :lol: 

That's a bizarre take on things, considering Foster was our first choice RB.

Seems like he was told he wasn’t going to feature (for whatever reason) and the old “mutual termination” was agreed upon. You’d know better than I, but it all seems fairly amicable from her perspective. Could be a PR thing, but it looks fairly routine to me.

Whatever the truth, I think the Daily Record spin is off the mark.

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Seems like he was told he wasn’t going to feature (for whatever reason) and the old “mutual termination” was agreed upon. You’d know better than I, but it all seems fairly amicable from her perspective. Could be a PR thing, but it looks fairly routine to me.

Whatever the truth, I think the Daily Record spin is off the mark.

There seemed to be a lot of backup for the 'fall out with the manager' chat before it was reported. It certainly fits with his MO .....

Anyway not sure he'll start for a while, as according to Tommy he's picked up a nasty shin injury.*

* I for one was quite impressed at how easily that lie rolled off our manager's tongue, he never missed a beat.