The General Ross County Chat Thread

On 23/08/2019 at 15:26, Les Westander of County said:

Looking forward to the Livi game tomorrow. With each league fixture we can start to get more of a feel for our chances this season.

Good opportunity to add 3 points, to perform well and ideally to keep another clean sheet.

Livi will be thinking along similar lines as we are all basement battlers looking to send each other doon.

How's the feeling? 

Ross Stewart tried but he was playing with ten imposters. Can't fault Laidlaw, the defence and midfield did nothing to help him at all. Livi didn't do anything special- they came with a game plan and executed it and we had no answer. 

It wasn't more, that's the only positive.

9 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Was just looking at Dingwall on Google street view, are there really only 2 pubs in the town centre, The Mallard and The Caledonian?

When did The Commercial shut?

You've also got the 147 and the Hen House (formerly The County Tavern also opposite the post office.

The Commercial shut at least a decade ago. The Viking went at least three years ago as well.

Edited by Comrie

The Injury curse hits again, this time it's Lee Erwin who falls victim.......it's like playing the pre-patched version of Football Manager at the moment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49486419

"He joins a lengthy injury list that includes Ross Draper, Don Cowie, Lewis Spence, Brian Graham, Michael Gardyne and Nathan Baxter."

Edited by Mackie The Staggie

The Injury curse hits again, this time it's Lee Erwin who falls victim.......it's like playing the pre-patched version of Football Manager at the moment.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49486419
"He joins a lengthy injury list that includes Ross Draper, Don Cowie, Lewis Spence, Brian Graham, Michael Gardyne and Nathan Baxter."

This isn’t normal.

12 minutes ago, Les Westander of County said:

I'm hoping to see Grivosti more - he was among the most positive in the Livi debacle. Might be a good substitute for Draper in that midfield role.

It's an interesting idea, difficult to just throw him into an unfamiliar position at premiership level though. Could work but it's risky.

I'd like to see him at Centre back again though as Fontaine is absolutely done at this level.

A full back and a centre mid in please and thanks Roy!

9 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

One of our fans suggesting your the favourites for Foster.

Foster can play both flanks so I'd be fine with giving him a 12 month deal. He's certainly no downgrade on Fraser and Kelly at the moment.

One of our fans suggesting your the favourites for Foster.

It’s an easy link to make, but it makes a lot of sense in that 1. Ross County’s scouting department doesn’t exist and 2. They are lacking in cover in the full back areas.

I wouldn’t say no, but I’d like a real difference maker rather than yet another complimentary bits and pieces guy.

18 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

It’s an easy link to make, but it makes a lot of sense in that 1. Ross County’s scouting department doesn’t exist and 2. They are lacking in cover in the full back areas.

I wouldn’t say no, but I’d like a real difference maker rather than yet another complimentary bits and pieces guy.

Papers now running with it.

Just now, Savage Henry said:

County fans seem to be the one set of supporters he hasn’t fallen out with.

Tbf a lot of Saints fans liked him, myself included, but hes just had too many issues with the club. This was his third strike essentially (fight with team mate on the pitch and sent off/kicked down referees door and club fined/verbally abusing manager during training session).

16 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

I read on twitter earlier that Callum Morris has been called up for the Northern Ireland squad, for their upcoming Euro 2020 qualifiers, congratulations Callum!

I think that's four players we've had gone on to play for Northern Ireland now?

Boyce, Webb, McGovern and now Morris?

I won't count Griffin or Sproule as they'd player for the national team before us and Morrow and Flynn never made the full national side from memory.