The General Ross County Chat Thread

2 minutes ago, Gus2 said:

Hello can anybody give Falkirk fans a brief summery of Gary Miller as we have just signed Him 

Decent right back, part of our 40+ undefeated side. Probably on the wane now but he'd do a job at that level.

Good engine on him, decent crosser from memory.

1 minute ago, Comrie said:

Decent right back, part of our 40+ undefeated side. Probably on the wane now but he'd do a job at that level.

Good engine on him, decent crosser from memory.

Thanks

The P&J are reporting that Lee Erwin is now available and they also mention that Simon Power is over his injury. Good news on both fronts!

A couple of (five, specifically) general thoughts/questions:

• Is Lewis Spence the only player (other than Baxter) still absent through injury?
  • Sean Kelly appears to be fit and improved, but I still think we could do with another LB as I don't really rate KVDW (unless there's a LocalLadTM who can deputise)
  • Presumably Keillor-Dunn will be away before the end of the month, probably taking several career steps backwards by sinking to Falkirk?
  • Hopefully the rumour of taking someone wee kid on loan from Rangers is only a rumour
  • I'm optimistic of 7 points from the next 3 home games, and maybe 2 or 3 from the next 3 away games
Edited by yoda

3 hours ago, yoda said:

The P&J are reporting that Lee Erwin is now available and they also mention that Simon Power is over his injury. Good news on both fronts!

• Is Lewis Spence the only player (other than Baxter) still absent through injury?
  • Sean Kelly appears to be fit and improved, but I still think we could do with another LB as I don't really rate KVDW (unless there's a LocalLadTM who can deputise)
  • Presumably Keillor-Dunn will be away before the end of the month, probably taking several career steps backwards by sinking to Falkirk?
  • Hopefully the rumour of taking someone wee kid on loan from Rangers is only a rumour
  • I'm optimistic of 7 points from the next 3 home games, and maybe 2 or 3 from the next 3 away games

Is Tom Kelly from the development squad a full back?

36 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

Is Tom Kelly from the development squad a full back?

Thought he was a RB but could be mistaken? Good news about Power and Erwin though. I highly rate both and they should offer us an even better chance of outing our chances away this season finally!!

13 hours ago, yoda said:

Two points I disagree with-

imo kvdw is a more than able deputy and I’m happy enough to see him start if kelly has a dip in form

also josh mcpake would be a very exciting signing for us and arguably would go straight into the team , why are you against this signing?

1 hour ago, Rcfc fan said:

also josh mcpake would be a very exciting signing for us and arguably would go straight into the team , why are you against this signing?

I know you say “arguably” but this is a 17 year old, untested at this level and a right winger, who does he arguably replace? If he’s not demonstrably as good or better than our wide players, why would we pay him a wage?

2 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

... josh mcpake would be a very exciting signing for us and arguably would go straight into the team , why are you against this signing?

I agree with you, I've heard good things about McPake, if DKD leaves as has been suggested and the management team like the look of him too, then there's clearly a place in the squad for a right winger.

Spittal it would appear is more of a central or left sided player. Armstrong is very left sided and McManus is away. We have been lucky that Mullin hasn't missed many matches but he does attract heavy tackles, it would be prudent to have adequate cover.

2 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

I agree with you, I've heard good things about McPake, if DKD leaves as has been suggested and the management team like the look of him too, then there's clearly a place in the squad for a right winger.

Spittal it would appear is more of a central or left sided player. Armstrong is very left sided and McManus is away. We have been lucky that Mullin hasn't missed many matches but he does attract heavy tackles, it would be prudent to have adequate cover.

Is Power not cover for that side? I'm all for bringing in players that will improve the squad, surely Rangers would only be loaning him out to a side he was more or less guaranteed game time at and not just cover in case of injuries/change of shape?

I'll always remember Kenny for two things:

Tackling the ball into the net away at Killie

Making Leigh Griffiths shite it

Edited by Comrie

5 hours ago, Comrie said:

I'll always remember Kenny for two things:

Tackling the ball into the net away at Killie

Making Leigh Griffiths shite it

Ah that was magnificent, Griffiths went scurrying away with his tail between his legs like a scolded puppy. I’ll forgive all the dodgy moments at LB for this