The General Ross County Chat Thread

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Where did Ross Stewart come from?  c**t score every week it seems.

We signed him from St Mirren on a free I believe, was at Alloa on loan the season before.

He's one of those players who seems to get better every week.

Just now, staggy1929 said:

We signed him from St Mirren on a free I believe, was at Alloa on loan the season before.

Get the ball into the box for him and it looks like he'll out jump most defenders.

I think 'gangly' is the best word to describe him - when he's running his arms are flailing about all over the place. Hope his form keeps up, I'll be at Tynecastle on Saturday.

If he keeps progressing the way he is, we'll be lucky to hold onto him for long.

Yeah. Looks like an astute piece of business. I’d probably say he’s first in line to lead the line should County go for a more defensive formation away to Celtic, for example.

8 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

The statistic is earlier in this thread, but he averages a goal every other game, more or less.

And that's with playing a lot of games wide left, coming in at the back post for Mullin's crosses but mainly as a support striker.

We need to tie him down on a longer deal, the lad is good.

2 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

We received an undisclosed fee.

Another one of Stubbs "genius" decisions.

Although to be fair, Stewart has certainly progressed far more quickly than I thought. Obviously his decision making, composure in front of goal and first touch have improved, as these were his main areas for improvement.

Good luck to him, except against us. Although he's bound to score against us.😁

Edited by FTOF

9 minutes ago, FTOF said:

We received a "nominal" fee.

Another one of Stubbs "genius" decisions.

Stewart has certainly progressed far more quickly than I thought. Obviously his decision making, composure in front of goal and first touch have improved, as these were his main areas for improvement.

Good luck to him, except against us. Although he's bound to score against us.😁

His finishing has improved to the point where I think he's going to score whenever he's in the box.

11 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

His finishing has improved to the point where I think he's going to score whenever he's in the box.

Probably due to increased game time, which he didn't really get with us.

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Probably due to increased game time, which he didn't really get with us.

If I remember right he was doing okay in the league cup games with you guys before signing for us.

We are spoiled for choice when it comes to strikers at the minute, and long may it continue!

Obviously, Stewart’s goalscoring exploits are amazing and long may it continue! But the thing that moistened my gusset the most yesterday was his workrate, getting in about the Hamilton players on the ball, especially the way he nicked it before crossing for McKay’s goal. Just what we need!