The General Ross County Chat Thread

15 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Speaking of Gardyne, his starting XI video is splendid.

It’s better than Vigurs’ weird ‘sexy’ side-eye thing he does, makes me feel like hes coming on to me

What was that performance?! Seemed really stale and like we didn't know how to approach the game in the first hlf. Grew slowly into a rythym in the second half but slack passing and overcomplocating the simple things meant that we didn't score more and made Forfar believe in themselves that bit more. Very impressed with Paton and his range of passing and confidence. He could be our next Lindsay. Vigurs off pace and erratic; not confident his head is fully in the game yet. Power looks promising but didn't once call for a pass and instead looked for the ball to find him. Will develop into a great talent though for sure. Morris looks solid.  Big improvement required for Saturday!

Played like a friendly , I’m not too worried as we proved the other 3 games what we can do, good points:

grahams header

power looks good but a little raw

paton looked composed and linked play well

laidlaws distribution was fast and for the most part accurate

2 hours ago, StoneThrowAway said:

Gary Irvine is fat and bald...

So is your sister/wife, but we all still f**k her.

4/10 for the post and wife last night. However, she could have scored more unlike yourself, with big Leroy & Wee Ginge hanging out her before I turned up, what would you expect!

Edited by SlipperyP

8 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

What is the thoughts on Forfar from County fans, you were her first real test this season?

I thought Forfar were a decent outfit tbh decent defensively and had a couple of good chances going forward , but I was also fairly meh about the county performance and feel as though if we’d played like we did vs st Johnstone then we should’ve put 4/5 past you 

3 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

So is your sister/wife, but we all still f**k her.

4/10 for the post and wife last night. However, she could have scored more unlike yourself, with big Leroy & Wee Ginge hanging out her before I turned up, what would you expect!

Don’t have a sister or wife, just you stick to your ladyboys. 

12 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

What is the thoughts on Forfar from County fans, you were her first real test this season?

I thought they were well organised and solid enough in the key areas to cause us a reason to be cautious. There was no standout players, although no.s 7 and 3 linked up well and looked to have a bit of go about them. Offered nothing of real note but should do well again this season

A final warm up against Carlisle in Dingwall tomorrow, I'm looking forward to seeing how we are before the season opener next weekend. 

What's the story with Draper, has he done any preseason work or anything since been subbed off at ht against the tinks?

Edited by frankthetank22

I think Carlisle will provide a quality test for us tomorrow. I managed to catch a few of their games last season whilst down working and they like to play a high pressing, quick counter attacking game. It's very hard to compare their quality with teams we know, but at a guess I would say they would be a Dundee United style of team; good players, hard working but just perhaps not quite good enough defensively to play in s higher division. Top fans too so should be a good game.

Wonder if we'll almost change the side at half time? We've almost got two players for every position (except left back) so I wonder if the gaffers will use this as a chance to see how a couple of different combinations work against a decent quality side?

I only know three of Carlisle's current squad: Scougall, Iredale and Etuhu so I've no idea what to expect from them.

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

Wonder if we'll almost change the side at half time? We've almost got two players for every position (except left back) so I wonder if the gaffers will use this as a chance to see how a couple of different combinations work against a decent quality side?

I only know three of Carlisle's current squad: Scougall, Iredale and Etuhu so I've no idea what to expect from them.

Good point. From what I've seen, the best way to play against them would be to utilise our pace and quality on the ball and just sit picking out space inveteeen their lines and get the likes of Midge/Mullin/Billy on the ball. They did have a couple of big lads in the midfield who would bully us at the high balls. If we sit too deep and don't exploit their defence then it's entirely useless as they will steal a cheap goal guaranteed.

Honours even at Half time. Both teams trying to play their own brands of football but neither really managing to pull anything off. Defensive mistakes and hesitations nearly gifted them a couple of chances. We also seem to be hisitsnt in moving the ball forward and choose to move it sideways instead much to frustration. Ruddy has made a couple of decent saves but looks a bit of a loose cannon at times. We need to perform much better in the second half