The General Ross County Chat Thread

4 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Which in turn raises the question of Don Cowie’s whereabouts.

Considering Cowie could barely run for more than twenty minutes last season, I'm pretty sure he'll be a fringe player this season.

10 hours ago, Comrie said:

Considering Cowie could barely run for more than twenty minutes last season, I'm pretty sure he'll be a fringe player this season.

That's a bit harsh, the last half dozen games of the season he was starting to look fit and was pulling the strings of the midfield. 

Edited by frankthetank22

Defensively we are light, I agree with the previous posts that Watson is our best CB and moving him to RB would upset the the CB paring. Watson and Morris for me but Grivo has great potential.

I’d be disappointed if Coll Donaldson was there for the taking and we went against it, would of solidified the CBs and maybe have Watson RB in his natural position but 🤷🏼‍♂️ by caley fans reviews, Chalmers at LB sounds a bomb scare but I’ll reserve judgement until I see it myself, surely an upgrade on Sean kelly and VDW?

10 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

That's a bit harsh, the last half dozen games of the season he was starting to look fit and was pulling the strings of the midfield. 

Yes, but he did it without having to expand much effort physically with Lindsay and Spence doing a lot of the donkey work so he didn't have to. There's still a place for Cowie in the side but much like Kelly's lack of physicality, teams in the top flight will be able to more effectively expose it.

[emoji23] Someone at County clearly hasn't done their homework on this guy. Good luck.

The absolute state of a) Jack Ruddy and b) Ayr fans who can’t seem to understand why a back up keeper on a short term contract doesn’t actually have to be able to do more than take crosses and pot shots at half time.