The General Ross County Chat Thread

P&J seems to be saying that we're expecting Nathan Baxter to come back once he's recovered from his shoulder injury and are just looking for short-term cover.

That’s pretty good news. First reports were it was a four to six month job and they were consider terminating the loan.

Inverness Courier said the same thing yesterday. He's out until November and then he'll return to County, so short-term cover required.

Anyone got contact details for Chris Konopka or James Severn?

Wasn't at either the Montrose or Brechin games, but thought Laidlaw looked pretty good in the 2nd game in the NL - couple of cracking saves.

Whereas Baxter in the 1st game seemed to be out of position a lot, and iirc (several shandies) the first goal seemed soft.

Not much of a gauge I know, but I wouldn't write-off Laidlaw just yet.

8 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Three hundred thousand is not to be sniffed at.

Hopefully a % sell on fee too as imo that's where real money can be made.

The fact that he'd be free to sign for them on PCA in a few months means this makes sense, hopefully Vigurs/Paton can step up and fill his boots.

Edited by frankthetank22

Hopefully a % sell on fee too as imo that's where real money can be made.

The fact that he'd be free to sign for them on PCA in a few months means this makes sense, hopefully Vigurs/Paton can step up and fill his boots.

If it’s anything like Boyce and Irvine, that will be foregone, and they’ll agree to pay the whole lot up front in a oner.

Sometimes our club’s transfer dealings are a little soft.

Edit: Spence is a fairly similar player to Lindsay, only without the range of passing. With Paton and Vigurs both likely to play much more this season (and both are more creative players, I’d suggest), as well as Joltin’ Joe Chalmers (who now seems quite a sensible signing), I doubt any of that money will be going out of the club any time soon.

As stated, we have plenty of cover, yes Lindsay will be a miss, his energy was a real asset but the path is there for someone else to make that position their own. I'm quite happy if we didn't spend the £, keeping our club on a sound financial footing is of utmost importance. 

Edit to add: Far better this than him leaving for nothing next year.

Edited by frankthetank22

The chances are that Celtic are going to get a big slice of that themselves.

I remember SFSK not detailing anything about the Lindsay transfer to County in the first place, ‘out of respect of how Celtic want to do business’, or something to that effect.

My favourite player since Boyce, I think he’ll be a more difficult player to replace than most of the rest of the squad.

There's literally not another midfielder in the squad capable of doing what Lindsay does. I don't necessarily buy the "plenty of cover" line. Hopefully Paton can step up like Lindsay eventually did but I'd be on the hunt for another midfielder.

2 hours ago, yoda said:

There's literally not another midfielder in the squad capable of doing what Lindsay does. I don't necessarily buy the "plenty of cover" line. Hopefully Paton can step up like Lindsay eventually did but I'd be on the hunt for another midfielder.

Paton was impressive in Holland but in a deeper position. I suspect Ferglewell see Spittal as more of a replacement in terms of late arriving mf goal threat.