The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 hour ago, frankthetank22 said:

After his season for us last year, considering how well we performed, he was particularly poor.

I'd definitely say he'd be a good league 1 forward but I wouldn't say he's a good Championship forward.

I was really surprised he was offered a new contract, he may have been useful as a counter attacking wide player (cup game against Motherwell past season was probably his top performance) but if he were to leave and free up some wages for Stevie May (or another) then I'd be happy with that. 

Hard to imagine we'd get Stevie May at all, but certainly not for the money that Declan would be offered.

Daily Express reporting we want McManus on a season loan. Given St Johnstone wanted us to pay the wages to take a fringe player on loan from them I can't see it happening unless uncle Roy is footing the bill or at least a bit of it. I think our budget is near enough spent given McKinnon has gave two year deals to pretty much all our signings bar Gomis and Sammon. Who will probably be on decent money for a season to play in league 1. 

Daily Express reporting we want McManus on a season loan. Given St Johnstone wanted us to pay the wages to take a fringe player on loan from them I can't see it happening unless uncle Roy is footing the bill or at least a bit of it. I think our budget is near enough spent given McKinnon has gave two year deals to pretty much all our signings bar Gomis and Sammon. Who will probably be on decent money for a season to play in league 1. 
Why would McKinnon offering 2 year deals have any affect on this year's budget?

Given he went and asked the board for more than initially budgeted for I'd say it's all been spent. The current board had said they would fund the extra out their own pockets till the new owners came in.  Hence any other players coming in would need to be loans with the parent club paying all or a good proportion of the player's wages. The Hartley debacle and basically having to get rid of an entire squad and start again bled the cash reserves dry according to our board.

Given he went and asked the board for more than initially budgeted for I'd say it's all been spent. The current board had said they would fund the extra out their own pockets till the new owners came in.  Hence any other players coming in would need to be loans with the parent club paying all or a good proportion of the player's wages. The Hartley debacle and basically having to get rid of an entire squad and start again bled the cash reserves dry according to our board.
I understand that, however, I don't understand your comment regarding 2 year contracts. That wouldn't affect this year's budget

That's McManus confirmed on a season long loan.

If he does well at Falkirk I assume they'll sign him next season.

Edited by Comrie

There's dead wood yo be shifted, that's one of them away. 

One or two others could go too to free up £ for squad improvements imo.

I’m assuming they’ll be on the hook for Baxter’s salary, or at least a percentage, so I’d imagine that’s exactly why this has happened.

I’d think KVDW will be next.

13 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I’m assuming they’ll be on the hook for Baxter’s salary, or at least a percentage, so I’d imagine that’s exactly why this has happened.

I’d think KVDW will be next.

Is he still wandering around Europe?

There’s a years contract Declan. Move your family up to the highlands and settle yourselves in.

6 weeks later and 5 goals in preseason.....

Sorry Declan we don’t really need you pal. Off you go to Falkirk. I know it 2 leagues down in standard but heh ho..... crack on.

If Ruddy's coming in, puts the nail in the coffin as far as Baxter's concerned. Was he any good at Ayr? Transfermarkt says 5 clean sheets in 11 League One games. It doesn't look like he's played much football... backup for Laidlaw until Munro comes back methinks.