The General Ross County Chat Thread

48 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Sounds like Nathan Baxter might be out for a significant period of time - to the point that they might cancel his loan. That’s a huge blow.

Was genuinely excited at the prospect of Baxter this season, would it be prudent to cancel the loan and try and find someone else quickly? Is there anyone else available who looks as good? Reckon we’re maybe a bit late to the party now

Was genuinely excited at the prospect of Baxter this season, would it be prudent to cancel the loan and try and find someone else quickly? Is there anyone else available who looks as good? Reckon we’re maybe a bit late to the party now

Just going by Kettlewell’s postgame comments. He’s back at Chelsea already, which probably suggests they know what they’re going to do.

They’re clearly going to have to bring somebody else in - Laidlaw’s a career backup.

Boy, Sean Kelly's dropped some meat. He looks far fitter than last season.

Edited by Comrie

Cheers. That's my fear we already have two strikers in Sammon and Johnstone who haven't been prolific in their careers, I'm not sure we need another one. But if you can't get goals in league 1 then be aswell packing it in. But if it's a loan deal then he would probably be a decent addition to the squad. We are short on numbers. 

Cheers. That's my fear we already have two strikers in Sammon and Johnstone who haven't been prolific in their careers, I'm not sure we need another one. But if you can't get goals in league 1 then be aswell packing it in. But if it's a loan deal then he would probably be a decent addition to the squad. We are short on numbers. 

I’d be surprised if it were a loan deal.

9 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Declan McManus rumoured to be joining us any good? 

For us he's been more effective down the wing. Against part-time players I think he'd get goals.

21 minutes ago, staggy4life said:

Seems odd. I don't think he's good enough for the top level but he signed a new 1 year deal only a month ago?

I did see he moved his family up there aswell, but heard a rumour that either he and/or his family wants back down to the central belt. 

18 hours ago, StoneThrowAway said:

League 1 is probably his standard...

After his season for us last year, considering how well we performed, he was particularly poor.

I'd definitely say he'd be a good league 1 forward but I wouldn't say he's a good Championship forward.

I was really surprised he was offered a new contract, he may have been useful as a counter attacking wide player (cup game against Motherwell past season was probably his top performance) but if he were to leave and free up some wages for Stevie May (or another) then I'd be happy with that. 

After his season for us last year, considering how well we performed, he was particularly poor.
I'd definitely say he'd be a good league 1 forward but I wouldn't say he's a good Championship forward.
I was really surprised he was offered a new contract, he may have been useful as a counter attacking wide player (cup game against Motherwell past season was probably his top performance) but if he were to leave and free up some wages for Stevie May (or another) then I'd be happy with that. 

It may have been a vesting option for another year based on appearances. I seem to remember Martin Woods having a contract like that but being released eventually.