The General Ross County Chat Thread

Fits the profile of the type of player we'd take in. I wouldn't get excited about the prospect, but if as we've managed with others in the past and we get him firing on all cylinders again it could be a shrewd signing.

3 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Just leverage by his agent, IMO.

Yeah, either that or Aberdeen trying to screw a higher % of his pay packet out of St J.

I'd be surprised if we were even interested and it would probably mean moving McKay on, which I can't see happening. 

26 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

Yeah, either that or Aberdeen trying to screw a higher % of his pay packet out of St J.

I'd be surprised if we were even interested and it would probably mean moving McKay on, which I can't see happening. 

The thought of May and McKay up front together is very interesting, but you're probably right about us being used as bait for other teams to up their offers. 

Spoiler

Stevie May to be announced at the Global Energy Hyperdome within the next 24 hours.

Would any Ross County players or St Mirren players get into Aberdeen's forward line ?  I very much doubt it. ,May has not been playing his natural striker role at Aberdeen so I would not write him off just yet. Personally I think he will end up at Perth unless the sugar daddy at Dundee United bank role a deal. Anyway welcome back  guy's always enjoyed the trips to Dingwall.  

I wonder how much of the ground is left after the great Dingwall flood of 2019?

Edited by Comrie

2 hours ago, staggy4life said:

I've heard we're after Lewis Cass from Newcastle on loan. 19 year-old full-back.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/who-lewis-cass-newcastle-u23-16263217

This is the news we've ALL been waiting for, maybe more of a back up than first teamer but we desperately need options for both full back positions so hopefully we can get this over the line and sign young Lewis.

Stevie May's half the player he was at St Johnstone. Don't think we need another striker either, especially not one so goal-shy. Never heard of Cass, but sounds like exactly the type of player we need.

Stevie May's half the player he was at St Johnstone. Don't think we need another striker either, especially not one so goal-shy. Never heard of Cass, but sounds like exactly the type of player we need.

Could have said that about Max Melbourne though, to be fair.

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

We now have player goal celebrations on Twitter, for good or for ill.  Mainly ill, I would say.

I thought Josh's was quite funny, Ross Stewart's on the other hand is positively cringe worthy and McKay's was was a pretty awkward attempt too.

On a plus note, I take back all the criticism i gave about the new home strip, it's far nicer than the initial pictures modelled by Ross Draper, his top was clearly two sizes too small.