The General Ross County Chat Thread

15 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

Did he play as a centre back in a back four for United, I always saw him as a right back?

He was great at centre back for us last season. 

Was almost always as a right back. 

I’d hope we would, What is his price roughly? Considering we got draper for around 80k I wouldn’t hope more than that.
The rumours are we want £200,000 which by sheer concindence seems to be the figure that's bandied about for Lindsay moving to Rotherham.

11 hours ago, RiG said:
19 hours ago, RossCountyFan14 said:

I’d hope we would, What is his price roughly? Considering we got draper for around 80k I wouldn’t hope more than that.

The rumours are we want £200,000 which by sheer concindence seems to be the figure that's bandied about for Lindsay moving to Rotherham.

:lol:

£100,000 we got for Draper.

You'd hope our board would want more from County than other suitors.  Like add on an extra 50/100k just because its County.  I'm sure Robbo would push for that.

Why not go for our best CH though?  Bit weird.

With Morris, Watson, Grivosti and Fontaine all looking good at pre-season I don't see why we would be trying to get Donaldson. If we are going to spend then it would be better spent elsewhere, ie on a left back.

Harry Paton looked good yesterday and was being coached through the game by the very vocal Morris and Watson. 

A pity we never got to see Power in action.

2 minutes ago, StuartTaylor said:

With Morris, Watson, Grivosti and Fontaine all looking good at pre-season I don't see why we would be trying to get Donaldson. If we are going to spend then it would be better spent elsewhere, ie on a left back.

Harry Paton looked good yesterday and was being coached through the game by the very vocal Morris and Watson. 

A pity we never got to see Power in action.

Paton was good against Forres as well.  Highland league opposition but he ran the show imo, and we scored eleven, so encouraging to see him looking good yesterday. 

As far as I'm aware, there was no real interest in Donaldson. The original rumour emanated from ICT trying to drum up some interest in the hope of receiving a transfer fee as they really needed the cash. The lack of willingness/interest coupled with ICT's cup run killed what little legs there was in it.

Edited by Spain

14 minutes ago, Spain said:

As far as I'm aware, there was no real interest in Donaldson. The original rumour emanated from ICT trying to drum up some interest in the hope of receiving a transfer fee as they really needed the cash. The lack of willingness/interest coupled with ICT's cup run killed what little legs there was in it.

I suppose that's one way to furiously backpedal away from things.

Edited by RiG

We've just got rid of a keeper who was sat at home for 2 years getting £1,500 a week, and Polworth would still be on a healthy wage.  We aren't as skint as Ross County fans would like to us to be.

Caley are in a much better financial position than they were with OFW gone, Polworth gone and the cup run money. 

Edited by Comrie

1 hour ago, Spain said:

Tbh, why pay anything for Donaldson. 

He's out of contract this time next year, if ict don't get promoted (and he's had another decent season) he may fancy testing himself in the top division and could be a squad replacement for us if Fontaine is deemed to be struggling. 

Just now, yoda said:

No you didn't.

Ah well, we can only go by what ICT said the figure was.  Guess you can only go by what County say the figure was.  

Absolutely no point in arguing the toss over what we paid for Draper. ICT said a six figure sum. Most of these packages are not straight payments. There could be a base fund, add ins for number of appearances, sell on clauses etc. So a package could be a potential six figures, transfer fee could be less. Of course the final amount paid might not be the full package, depending on what was agreed. Even the accounts might not link all the payments without some analysis. 

Still, feel free to argue it, it’s still pre-season, and we don’t need Donaldson imo.