The General Ross County Chat Thread

16 minutes ago, The Great Stagsby said:

Chatting to a mate today who understands that A) Lindsay to Rotherham is definitely not happening and B) Lindsay has stated he is happy at County and "staying". Can anyone confirm the latest on this?

Personally, I'd be very happy to see him stay.

There was a piece in the press earlier in the week to this effect, albeit the quotes were from Fergie rather than JL.

Not going to make it to either of the friendlies, first game for me is probably going to be Brechin if I can make it there quick enough after work.

1 hour ago, staggy1929 said:

early days I know, but what are we thinking our best 11 to start the season is now that it seems our transfer business has been done?

Baxter
Fraser, Fontaine, Grivo, VDW
Draper, Lindsay
Gardyne, Stewart, Mullin
McKay

Probably too attacking though, maybe a 4-5-1 with Vigurs instead of Stewart. I don't think we can get away with two up top this season.

5 minutes ago, Aqy said:

Baxter
Draper, Lindsay
Gardyne, Stewart, Mullin
McKay

Probably too attacking though, maybe a 4-5-1 with Vigurs instead of Stewart. I don't think we can get away with two up top this season.

Yeah I can see it being a flat midfield three with Lindsay being the "Attacking" player

13 minutes ago, Staggie52 said:

I struggle to see a best first eleven without a fully fit Vigurs in it.

A fully fit Vigurs would be in that midfield three. Picking up the ball from the defence and finding forward passes is what he's best at these days. I'd have him alongside Draper, with Lindsay being the Midfielder that can make late runs into the box and sit slightly further up field.

1 hour ago, humbleheart said:

Anyone know which game will have the majority of first team today?

I'm thinking Forres but that's purely a guess based on the fact it's a testimonial so they would want to show respect to that and that Forres finished slightly higher up in the HL.

It'll probably be a split with first teamers at both matches.

On 28/06/2019 at 12:43, Aqy said:

Baxter
Draper, Lindsay
Gardyne, Stewart, Mullin
McKay

Feels incredibly harsh to not have Watson starting after his efforts last season.

3 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Feels incredibly harsh to not have Watson starting after his efforts last season.

Grivosti and/or Watson will get the start alongside Fontaine depending on whether Fraser's up to scratch or not.  I'd imagine Watson will start in that position. I could see Grivosti pushing forward into a midfield holding role if Draper gets hurt.  It's utterly bewildering that County didn't sign a like-for-like backup for Draper, to be quite honest, unless that's what Chalmers is seen as.

Edited by Savage Henry