The General Ross County Chat Thread

First four home games are:

Accies

Livi

St. Mirren

St. Johnstone

Really need to be focusing on those four for some points, the away ones are far, far tougher to start.

Ferguson on the telly saying he’s happy with the squad and isn’t looking to bring anyone else in...

Kind of goes against the inference from Uncle Roy that one more signing was going to come in. Maybe that’s fallen through?

11 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Ferguson on the telly saying he’s happy with the squad and isn’t looking to bring anyone else in...

Kind of goes against the inference from Uncle Roy that one more signing was going to come in. Maybe that’s fallen through?

do we have a squad capable of competing in this league? A lot of players who I feel can do a job in this league but are injury prone.

I like the concept of don't split up a winning team but it does seem a big risk.

do we have a squad capable of competing in this league? A lot of players who I feel can do a job in this league but are injury prone.

I like the concept of don't split up a winning team but it does seem a big risk.

They’re basically saying; we can match two of St Mirren, Livingston and Hamilton until January, and then bring in someone if needs be. I don’t think that’s unreasonable, but it’s a high risk strategy and the squad could easily be left adrift at the bottom. We’ll see, but I far prefer this than throwing money at Chris Eagles.

Edit: in short, the managers have a great deal more faith in the defence than I do, but I’m okay with that.

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

They’re basically saying; we can match two of St Mirren, Livingston and Hamilton until January, and then bring in someone if needs be. I don’t think that’s unreasonable, but it’s a high risk strategy and the squad could easily be left adrift at the bottom. We’ll see, but I far prefer this than throwing money at Chris Eagles.

makes sense but it's a tad boring haha

It's going to be a wait and see until the first eight games, I think. Tough to call if this team is good enough to hang with the other potential bottom boys.

Imo we're very weak in each full back position.

I'm not convinced that even our current first choice left and right backs (Kelly & Fraser) are good enough never mind whoever's expected to replace either of them if they get injured (apparently Kelly hasn't been fit since he signed so that bodes well then).

But if Fergiewell are happy and convinced that we're good to go then that's that.

Imo we're very weak in each full back position.
I'm not convinced that even our current first choice left and right backs (Kelly & Fraser) are good enough never mind whoever's expected to replace either of them if they get injured (apparently Kelly hasn't been fit since he signed so that bodes well then).
But if Fergiewell are happy and convinced that we're good to go then that's that.

Regardless if Kelly is fit now it’s a very flawed plan to go into a new season with a Chocolate solider at left back sign another option IF Kelly stays fit he can compete for the starting berth.

44 minutes ago, grantmacp said:

Regardless if Kelly is fit now it’s a very flawed plan to go into a new season with a Chocolate solider at left back sign another option IF Kelly stays fit he can compete for the starting berth.

I present to you one Kenny Van Der Veg, a great guy, but of a cult figure but with obvious limitations that we're all to aware of.

Worrying isn't it...