The General Ross County Chat Thread

12 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I like how the plant pots make it look like he’s wearing an Ancient Greek wreath in his hair. On that count alone, I’m in.

Kris Boyd scoring a 93rd minute penalty to scrape a 1-1 draw with Hamilton to then run to the corner flag, grab two piping hot cups of Bovril and down them Stone Cold style. 

If we didn't have a big, reasonably mobile striker I'd probably see Sammon as a reasonable signing. With Stewart and Graham there's no need for him.

3 minutes ago, Comrie said:

If we didn't have a big, reasonably mobile striker I'd probably see Sammon as a reasonable signing. With Stewart and Graham there's no need for him.

I keep forgetting about Stewart, I think he might do quite well this year. Is Graham signed for this season?

Just now, staggy1929 said:

I keep forgetting about Stewart, I think he might do quite well this year. Is Graham signed for this season?

Graham signed a two year deal from memory, so he's signed up 'til 2020.

5 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Graham signed a two year deal from memory, so he's signed up 'til 2020.

you'd think his game time would be very limited this season. I was very surprised we kept him and McManus considering we'll probably only play 1 up top this season. 

11 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

you'd think his game time would be very limited this season. I was very surprised we kept him and McManus considering we'll probably only play 1 up top this season. 

McManus is the surprise to be kept on, but he's effective at times down the wing. Stewart is still inexperienced and currently Graham and Mckay are the only strikers on our books with top flight experience.

8 minutes ago, Comrie said:

McManus is the surprise to be kept on, but he's effective at times down the wing. Stewart is still inexperienced and currently Graham and Mckay are the only strikers on our books with top flight experience.

I'm willing to be proven wrong but I think Stewart will be a much more useful asset this year than Graham despite the difference in experience. McKay is the main man though no doubt.

I'm willing to be proven wrong but I think Stewart will be a much more useful asset this year than Graham despite the difference in experience. McKay is the main man though no doubt.

Just so long as 1. They don’t play together and/or 2. Stewart doesn’t get shoved out on the wing.

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Just so long as 1. They don’t play together and/or 2. Stewart doesn’t get shoved out on the wing.

The Stewart on the wing experiment was interesting, initially looked okay as he was winning a lot in the air from diagonal balls but he absolutely is not a winger and should only be played as an out and out striker.

Yeah, as said coming in off the left side with a full back trying to pick him up was a good idea, it worked well for us in some games.

It gave Mullin a target to hit plus also allowed Stewart a chance to start from deeper and run/dribble at a defence. I'd be all for using this tactic again some time.