The General Ross County Chat Thread

I wish we would sign some unknown foreign players that we could get excited about for no reason other than that we have no idea how good they'll be. Derek Adams was especially fond of this near the end of his time with us.

I'm also well aware that for every Melvin De Leeuw,  Andre Hainault and Evangelos Ikonomou, there are probably twice as many Tim Dreesen's 

5 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

That falkirk game was when draper scored an og, he wasn't sent off.  Must have been a daydream I had about County defensive formations (exciting stuff eh) but I'd thought I'd seen Stelios through the middle at some point.

Cowie OG btw :lol:  It was referred to as Draper in some places.

Preaching to the converted re: daydreaming about formations.

Edited by bunglebonce

10 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

Reports that we've knocked back a cash bid for Jamie Lindsay from Rotherham.

They're expected to come back with an improved offer...

I'd have thought Lindsay would have higher aspirations than Rotherham to be honest. I know they'd pay more in wages but in terms of being a key member of the squad I'm not sure they could offer what we can. You could argue that the moves worked for Irvine and Boyce but they were already seasoned internationals and, with no disrespect to Jamie, better suited to the English game. However, if we can get ourselves a nice sum out of it, it would be interesting to see how we can strengthen in his absense

Reports that we've knocked back a cash bid for Jamie Lindsay from Rotherham.
They're expected to come back with an improved offer...

The “article” implies County have expressed a few that they’d be looking for (no doubt 50% of the going rate). How much did we get for Naismith? I’d have thought if Rotherham match that he’ll go.

5 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

Would we even look for a direct replacement if he goes? We signed Chalmers and Spittal who can both play there.

He's a nailed on starter for us next season so it would be a sore one if he goes.

That's a good point.

I'd thought that a player leaving for a fee would mean wages and £ to sign a replacement but why, there is a lot of cover in the middle.

That's a good point.
 I'd thought that a player leaving for a fee would mean wages and £ to sign a replacement but why, there is a lot of cover in the middle.

Might actually explain the Joe Chalmers signing in the first place. Maybe the money can be spent on a left back or a decent keeper.

I don't think either Chalmers or Spittal do the role Lindsay does. Spence would be the closest for me, but he doesn't have Lindsay nose for goals.

Rotherham just sold Will Vaulks for £3.5 million so I'd be hoping we hold out for more but County are renowned for selling players on the cheap. I'm expecting an undisclosed 200k bid to be accepted.

Rotherham just sold Will Vaulks for £3.5 million so I'd be hoping we hold out for more but County are renowned for selling players on the cheap. I'm expecting an undisclosed 200k bid to be accepted.

Yeah. It’s clearly a promise from the club not to play hard ball. I think he’s off.

I’m also fully expecting Cammy Bell to sign after being released by Partick, to compound quite a meh day and to continue our infatuation with 3ft 6 keepers.

Edit: £3.5 million for Will Vaulks is insane.

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Yeah. It’s clearly a promise from the club not to play hard ball. I think he’s off.

I’m also fully expecting Cammy Bell to sign after being released by Partick, to compound quite a meh day and to continue our infatuation with 3ft 6 keepers.

Edit: £3.5 million for Will Vaulks is insane.

Unless Vaulks has improved massively down south, that's crazy money.

On ‎10‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 12:59, staggy1929 said:

I wish we would sign some unknown foreign players that we could get excited about for no reason other than that we have no idea how good they'll be. Derek Adams was especially fond of this near the end of his time with us.

I'm also well aware that for every Melvin De Leeuw,  Andre Hainault and Evangelos Ikonomou, there are probably twice as many Tim Dreesen's 

We've been lucky with that in the last two seasons now, Dolly Menga, Tevi Steve Lawson and Cécé Franck Pepe now too :D There's something about it that gets you on YouTube onto those shitey montages

Edited by ATLIS

11 hours ago, staggy4life said:

You do realise that Tweet about Vaulks to Everton was fake...?

8 minutes ago, Armand 2 said:

You do realise that Tweet about Vaulks to Everton was fake...?

Haven't noticed any tweet? I'd read Cardiff were about to sign him.

It doesn't matter what the specific figure is really. My point is they'll be getting millions soon enough so we should hold out for a bit more from them for Lindsay.

Edited by staggy4life