The General Ross County Chat Thread

No one would be mentioning Beerman if he wasn't ex-Rangers. He's just not very good.
It would be great to have Boyd back at the club. The manner in which he departed was nothing short of disgraceful.

Apart from a daft penalty he gave away against Celtic he’s been very good according go rangers fans and from what I’ve seen. Still young and players international so defo think he would be an upgrade. Reason I mentioned has nothing to do with him being from rangers, maybe I’ve just seen more of him play because of that though.

Scott Boyd I reckon could still do a job at CB for another year as well as doing behind the scenes stuff. Similar to Don Cowie

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

I would be disappointed to see Boyd leaving, because I think he still has something to offer us as a player. He's a funny one - you always expected him to make a mistake at some point, but he never really did.

He's pretty limited, but he's also very consistent.  I would have thought he would still have another season - maybe not at Kilmarnock, but certainly at County - as a player.

You’ve got yourself a good player with spittal. Played as number 10 for us under Caldwell where he thrived. Got 8 goals last season and can be a match winner on his day.  Also gets free kick goals now and then. Good luck Blair  

Will disagree with the Thistle poster above. Spittal will look absolutely superb in flashes but then be invisible for large spells. He’s not a player I’ve ever really ‘got’, and I’m not too sad to see him leave. Good luck to him though, seems a decent guy. 

Spittal is a mid-to-upper Championship player. Surprised that County have taken him, they'll need a bit more than players of his quality to avoid a relegation fight.  That said, I doubt that he'll be allowed to coast by on below par performances for 12-18 months like he did at Firhill. 

1 minute ago, Dele said:

I really can't understand that signing from County at all. 

Last season, if our first choice right midfielder was injured or suspended  (Josh Mullin), there wasn't a ready replacement for him, and Declan McManus had to play out of position.  It makes a whole bunch of sense - a guy who isn't expecting to start every game but who has had experience of playing in the top flight and can do a job in two or three positions.  Frankly, the signing of Ross Laidlaw terrifies me, but this signing  makes all the sense in the world.

26 minutes ago, killiekranky said:

Awww F**k, the Wildlings are back !

Forgot the fixture list will be taking us North of the wall this season.

Remember the hot red head Wildling that Jon Snow had a thing with?  Scott Boyd is her.

Edited by Savage Henry

Just now, Dele said:

That's the bit I disagree with and why I  can't understand why he was signed. 

Well yes.  I should have said "can ostensibly do a job in two or three positions".  But clearly he's signed as a back up to Mullin.

Last season, if our first choice right midfielder was injured or suspended  (Josh Mullin), there wasn't a ready replacement for him, and Declan McManus had to play out of position.  It makes a whole bunch of sense - a guy who isn't expecting to start every game but who has had experience of playing in the top flight and can do a job in two or three positions.  Frankly, the signing of Ross Laidlaw terrifies me, but this signing  makes all the sense in the world.
Laidlaw will surprise you I think. He's a good 'keeper, come on a lot since he was young and a bit error prone. Gets a harsh press.

Spittal seems like a waste or money I reckon, he doesn't suit your style at all. I can see why Livi are trying to avoid the Scottish market where they can.