The General Ross County Chat Thread

9 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I don’t think yesterday was the most professional of events. 

I can't help but agree.

Although I'm more than happy see Iain Vigurs back on his feet, his response to a simple question, as witnessed by the viewing public, betrayed a demeanor that is maladroit.

I thought that was cruel situation for an artisan who has specific and joyous talents.

Go to bed. 

Don’t believe I will. Only difference is these guys are Scottish. They are plainly not good enough to be starting regularly in the top flight.

But if you want to pretend that these guys are going to be key players, go ahead. I choose to think they’re supplementary players until one of the managers says otherwise.

Agree with savage Henry. None of the signings we have made so far are good enough to start in the top flight but are capable of filling a backup role. It depends what the managers are aiming for this season... 10th? Maybe 8th/9th?

It was obvious to everyone that a new LB and CB were needed for this season in the top flight and neither have been brought in. Mind you, we can’t buy anyone until the windows open so maybe that’s why.

Agree with savage Henry. None of the signings we have made so far are good enough to start in the top flight but are capable of filling a backup role. It depends what the managers are aiming for this season... 10th? Maybe 8th/9th?

It was obvious to everyone that a new LB and CB were needed for this season in the top flight and neither have been brought in. Mind you, we can’t buy anyone until the windows open so maybe that’s why.

I’d think most sane people will be hoping for 10th and everything else is a bonus. Livy are going to be considerably shitter next year, delighted St Mirren stayed up as well, along with Hamilton. These are the teams we’re fighting against and if we’re top of that league [emoji106]
Assume a couple of marquee signings when everyone is back from hols

18 minutes ago, staggy4life said:

A quick reminder to Savage Henry that Livingston, Hamilton, and St.Mirren are also in the top flight.

This is a very fair and reasonable point.  Red alert cancelled.  

Edit: sorry, wrong forum.  Premiership Chatter for this pish.

Edited by Savage Henry

I didn't pay too much attention to how DKD was getting on this season,  other than his stupid red card v QotS.

Ferg was in the paper yesterday challenging him to break into the team this season. Thoughts?

It's only June 1st so plenty time, the club will still be waiting to hear from some players on whether they are accepting contracts or not, would expect some announcements this week.

Back to training  on 20th.

I didn't pay too much attention to how DKD was getting on this season,  other than his stupid red card v QotS.
Ferg was in the paper yesterday challenging him to break into the team this season. Thoughts?
It's only June 1st so plenty time, the club will still be waiting to hear from some players on whether they are accepting contracts or not, would expect some announcements this week.
Back to training  on 20th.

Would be delighted. I think there’s a real talent there. Perhaps the 10 role will be his best opportunity as they seemed to be stacked with wide players.

Falkirk fans seem to want to keep him- which is saying something considering how guff they were this season if he stood out amongst the dross.

If he's learnt that cutting inside isn't the answer to every situation he'd be an asset in the top flight.

6 hours ago, StoneThrowAway said:

The Ginger Pele is reportedly considering a Sporting Director role at County. The band are getting back together...

That's just what I wanted to wake up to this morning

9 hours ago, RossCountyFan14 said:

Myles Beerman released by rangers, looked pretty solid and still young, worth a punt since we desperately need a LB?

I'm of the opinion that any kind of left footed player would be an upgrade for us at left back.

Beerman, would be a good name to have on the back of a top though :cheers:guinness

I would be disappointed to see Boyd leaving, because I think he still has something to offer us as a player. He's a funny one - you always expected him to make a mistake at some point, but he never really did.

No one would be mentioning Beerman if he wasn't ex-Rangers. He's just not very good.

It would be great to have Boyd back at the club. The manner in which he departed was nothing short of disgraceful.