The General Ross County Chat Thread

McManus wasn’t my favourite player by a long stretch and I groaned when I saw him on the team sheet,  but that was when we were always going to be in the top 2 or 3 and expected to win the majority of games. That’s not going to be the same next season where we’ll need to scrap for every point. If he’s one thing, he’s a grafter and we just might need someone like him to harass rather than create. I would hope he wouldn’t be a starter, but could do a job in the last twenty minutes while we hang on for a point or hopefully a win.

Obviously Fox wasn’t seen as IMPORTANT enough !!

Is this some kind of subtle clue? Your signing rumours have been on the money.

I think Fox has a better offer on the table. I’m fairly certain he has, actually.

Edit: at least McManus isn’t flogging Pruvit juice. (I do, however, hope they sign up a sports scientist for this coming season.)

15 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Is this some kind of subtle clue? Your signing rumours have been on the money.

I think Fox has a better offer on the table. I’m fairly certain he has, actually.

Edit: at least McManus isn’t flogging Pruvit juice. (I do, however, hope they sign up a sports scientist for this coming season.)

My only rumour was Grivo to stay and that’s not happened yet.

if Fox has another offer then you know more than me !! 

Pruvit Juice was never my comment. 

its your assumption that only important players get a 2 year deal !!! 

Reserves get a year !!!! 

So so many factors go into length of contracts A club will offer.

53 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

McManus is like a modern day Paul di Giacomo, although Di Giac would win throw ins and corners instead of running the ball out of play at any given opportunity...

Di Giacomo was excellent for his first four or five games at County, though. Pity it didn't last.

McManus has made a decent contribution - he's willing, competitive, commits for the team, can hold onto the ball mostly and offered good work attacking at pace down the flanks.  Part of what we will need to fight this campaign is the kind of positive attitude and consistent commitment to the cause that Declan has shown. My only real criticism is that he hasn't often been composed enough in front of goal. However he's still young and that aspect might yet be developed. 

The proof will be in the pudding and I'm willing to trust Fergiewell, who have instilled a really positive group ethos, and are better placed to judge players than I am.

Realistically speaking, it’s going to be a bit of a battle to stay up next year. Who do we want to win between St Mirren and Dundee United? I’m thinking United will be more likely to compete with County for the same players, but I’m not convinced St Mirren are a better team.

I rate McManus more than craig Curran, same sort of striker but faster and bigger and probably more goals in him although he’s not shown that completely yet. I’m surprised he’s been kept on too but we’ve kept worse in the top flight. He’s a complete confidence player, look what happened to Sam Cosgrove at Aberdeen, had 1 competitive goal in his career and was absent for a season with Aberdeen, next thing he score twice in a row and fed off that to be league top scorer. Trust the gaffers. Hopefully a left back comes in though

I rate McManus more than craig Curran, same sort of striker but faster and bigger and probably more goals in him although he’s not shown that completely yet. I’m surprised he’s been kept on too but we’ve kept worse in the top flight. He’s a complete confidence player, look what happened to Sam Cosgrove at Aberdeen, had 1 competitive goal in his career and was absent for a season with Aberdeen, next thing he score twice in a row and fed off that to be league top scorer. Trust the gaffers. Hopefully a left back comes in though

12 hours ago, RossCountyFan14 said:

He's certainly faster than Curran, though he won't be as strong as Curran when he bulked up like a nutter in his final season with us. If he can help form a partnership like Curran/Boyce with Mckay, you never know.

2 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

Thought we were told he was one of a group offered a two year deal.

As I have said before, just because he is offered 2 years doesn’t men he has to except it.

maybe he wants to be a free agent next Summer to maximise his earning potential .

Meaning no fee....: higher wage if he moves on.

15 minutes ago, SueSue said:

As I have said before, just because he is offered 2 years doesn’t men he has to except it.

maybe he wants to be a free agent next Summer to maximise his earning potential .

Meaning no fee....: higher wage if he moves on.

Wow, are you trying to explain the concept of a contract negotiation?

My point was, if I'm not mistaken, the club were publicly talking about Fraser and a new two year deal, just seems a bit strange that it then turns out to be a one year deal. In the scheme of things I suppose it doesn't matter too much but just a little less secure in keeping our captain than I was expecting.

19 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Greg Morrison has joined Brora

Running list of the young team - be interesting to see who is still here come August.

Tom Grivosti            RCFC

Joel Macbeath, RCFC - dev
 Mark Gallagher, RCFC - dev
 Russell Dingwall, Stenhousemuir (loan)
Davis Keillor-Dunn, Falkirk (loan)
Greg Morrison Elgin City (loan) -released today?
James Wallace RCFC
Ross Maciver, Elgin City (loan) -released today?
Ross Munro, RCFC
Tom Kelly RCFC - dev

50 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

Wow, are you trying to explain the concept of a contract negotiation?

My point was, if I'm not mistaken, the club were publicly talking about Fraser and a new two year deal, just seems a bit strange that it then turns out to be a one year deal. In the scheme of things I suppose it doesn't matter too much but just a little less secure in keeping our captain than I was expecting.

Why is it strange?

They offer him 2 years and he negotiates 1.

Wouldn't be surprise if there's an option for an extension if both parties agree- Marcus may wait to see were we are next May and decide what his future is. He'll have been at County nearly five and a half years with this deal.

37 minutes ago, SueSue said:

Why is it strange?

They offer him 2 years and he negotiates 1.

There's nothing strange with that at all, what I think is a little strange is he club talking about a two year contract before it had been agreed with the other party.