The General Ross County Chat Thread

As above, I don't get the love in from sections of our support towards Donaldson. Everytime I've seen ICT this season he hasn't looked atall decent. Particularly in both legs of the play off. 

I hope the management team are targeting a higher calibre of player which will no doubt be needed to survive.

As above, I don't get the love in from sections of our support towards Donaldson. Everytime I've seen ICT this season he hasn't looked atall decent. Particularly in both legs of the play off. 
I hope the management team are targeting a higher calibre of player which will no doubt be needed to survive.

Have to disagree, Donaldson has absolutely strolled in near enough every derby game this season. Always the one to carry the ball out from the back for them as well and ping long balls out wide to inch perfection almost every time. He’s been there best player every time I’ve seen them. He didn’t cover himself in glory in the playoff but can’t be too critical when that playoff was their 8th game in a month and he’s play nearly every game this season, must be drained. He’s undoubtedly quality and he’s still young, he’s also not got the best players around him let’s be honest, in a stacked squad like ours he’ll be even better.

I think another reason county fans are keen on him is because it’s a realistic signing we could make with him already settled in the Highlands. We all know how hard it can be to attract quality players up here.

Oh and us stealing their wonder boy would just be the icing

7 hours ago, RossCountyFan14 said:

Have to disagree, Donaldson has absolutely strolled in near enough every derby game this season. Always the one to carry the ball out from the back for them as well and ping long balls out wide to inch perfection almost every time. He’s been there best player every time I’ve seen them. He didn’t cover himself in glory in the playoff but can’t be too critical when that playoff was their 8th game in a month and he’s play nearly every game this season, must be drained. He’s undoubtedly quality and he’s still young, he’s also not got the best players around him let’s be honest, in a stacked squad like ours he’ll be even better.

I think another reason county fans are keen on him is because it’s a realistic signing we could make with him already settled in the Highlands. We all know how hard it can be to attract quality players up here.

Oh and us stealing their wonder boy would just be the icing

:lol: Alright Coll.

32 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

:lol: Alright Coll.

I know he was utter gash at United, but McCart and Donaldon for the most part have done very well against Mckay and Graham. Only Stewart seemed to be the one that gave them real problems due to his awkward frame and pace.

3 hours ago, Comrie said:

I know he was utter gash at United, but McCart and Donaldon for the most part have done very well against Mckay and Graham. Only Stewart seemed to be the one that gave them real problems due to his awkward frame and pace.

Regarding Stewart, I think he's a 99% instinct player. If he doesn't know what he's going to do, what chance does a defender have? 

He looks awkward, gangly, unpredictable and often frustrating in conventional play, but it can absolutely be effective (particularly against Caley for some reason). He's strong, quick and decent with his head - I'm keen to see him hang around, and see howhe gets on against defenders in the top league. 

I think Donaldson is better than we have, and if he was to sign he’d be straight into our team. Obviously can still have a bad game but generally he’s been impressive this season.

I wouldn’t pay a fee for him however. There will be better than him available without needing to pay a fee

Guest Ieuan16
On 30/04/2019 at 18:44, staggy4life said:

Honda and Toivenen plz

On 30/04/2019 at 20:17, Comrie said:

I can't imagine Keisuke Honda playing for County. From Milan to County via Melbourne would be some story.

On 30/04/2019 at 22:31, dingdong1929 said:

Honda is going to happen, you just need to get used to it.

Keisuke Honda departs Melbourne Victory

the-office-its-happening-gif-5.gif?fit=6

Very surprised, unless the gaffers think he'll be useful in some games with his pace and enthusiasm down the wings.

The management team obviously see something in him (and/or everyone has been offered a new deal and he's, wisely, accepted it). I don't see it personally, but Craig Curran scored a handful of goals in the topflight and McManus is a better player than him.

1 minute ago, yoda said:

The management team obviously see something in him (and/or everyone has been offered a new deal and he's, wisely, accepted it). I don't see it personally, but Craig Curran scored a handful of goals in the topflight and McManus is a better player than him.

Hmmmm, very questionable statement. 

TBH I'd profoundly disagree, Craig was a leader within our team and was a major reason that Boyce scored as many as he did.

It’s a one year deal. There’s very little wrong with a one year deal for a reserve player. County will no doubt let him go next Christmas.

McManus is more skilful than Curran but not as strong. Every club needs a non-scoring striker, it would appear.

No surprise at all. I’m guessing almost every player in the squad has a one year deal on the table, and the import players will get two year contracts.