The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 hour ago, Staggie52 said:

Does anyone think that some ICT fans have become overly obsessed with our chairman?

I am surprisingly being quite serious - I can understand the reasons for taking most of the previous players over the bridge. Never really understood Tokely BUT I am stumped at what they have seen in Chalmers. Good steady Championship performer but I would not class him as a reliable, Premiership squad player. He has undoubtedly gone for the spondoolicks and who can blame anyone for doing that.

1 minute ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

I am surprisingly being quite serious - I can understand the reasons for taking most of the previous players over the bridge. Never really understood Tokely BUT I am stumped at what they have seen in Chalmers. Good steady Championship performer but I would not class him as a reliable, Premiership squad player. He has undoubtedly gone for the spondoolicks and who can blame anyone for doing that.

I actually thought Tokely was a horrific signing at the time but he was brought it to be a no frills right back for the first half of our first season in the top flight and did better than expected. He was a very short term signing which probably just about paid off until we could get someone better in.

This is the summer where I finally get over ICT hoovering up Rankin, Cowie, and Barrowman. 

Although, ICT offering better wages and/or paying a fee for a player was totally different to County doing it. Totally different. Like not even remotely similar. 

20 minutes ago, RiG said:

Could be an apoplectic cranium detachment in the Inverness area around midday...

Imagine if everyone signed for County.  Including you.   The scenes would be just tremendous.

25 minutes ago, yoda said:

This is the summer where I finally get over ICT hoovering up Rankin, Cowie, and Barrowman. 

Although, ICT offering better wages and/or paying a fee for a player was totally different to County doing it. Totally different. Like not even remotely similar. 

I've never really gotten over Golabek and McBain. 
Hislop was a sore one too.

Still chuffed Billy Ferries told Stevie P where to go when they tried throwing council money at him too.

Edited by dingdong1929

A one off grant 25 years ago, millions written off every year using Global Energy money (who pay boys off all the time), yeah that's the same.

28 minutes ago, dingdong1929 said:

I've never really gotten over Golabek and McBain. 
Hislop was a sore one too.

Still chuffed Billy Ferries told Stevie P where to go when they tried throwing council money at him too.

Alex Smith had a lot to answer for.

50 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

A one off grant 25 years ago, millions written off every year using Global Energy money (who pay boys off all the time), yeah that's the same.

Mentioning the council money with Billy Ferries was a wind-up on my part.

But even if it was relevant to Billy/Golabek/McBain the grant cant have been relevant to the later ones surely (Hislop Cowie Rankin Barrowman)?
I could have got the grant wrong, cant mind if it was a one-off payment or staggered over years, etc.

Edited by dingdong1929

Just now, TheScarf said:

Heard you've agreed a deal with Blair Alston, formerly of Falkirk.

Another midfielder? Jesus.

Please not Donaldson, Ridgers or Doran ffs! Chalmers was bad enough! 
Editided to add Blair Alston to that list!

Donaldson is excellent. Is there anybody you do want?

Blair Alston would an incredibly meh signing, but again not a guy you’d expect to start if everyone is fit.

Surprised it's a two year deal but pleased with that.

Edit: That spelling, jesus. Way to not be tinpot.

Edited by Comrie

Please not Donaldson, Ridgers or Doran ffs! Chalmers was bad enough! 
Editided to add Blair Alston to that list!

Donaldson would be a quality signing, Doran also. Imagine your wingers been Mullin and Midge with Doran, DKD and Armstrong as backup...

Don’t particularly rate Ridgers but we aren’t spoilt for keepers right now

5 hours ago, yoda said:

Yes I could appreciate that and I am shure Uncle Roy is chuckling as well.

2 hours ago, RossCountyFan14 said:

Donaldson would be a quality signing, Doran also. Imagine your wingers been Mullin and Midge with Doran, DKD and Armstrong as backup...

Don’t particularly rate Ridgers but we aren’t spoilt for keepers right now

If we are to stay up it will be an absolute battle for our back 4 or 5,  I don’t rate Donaldson, he was murder in the play off with UTD  and  hasn’t really stood out head and shoulders above what we already have in any of the Derbies, the likes of Cosgrove will bully him of the ball, We need hard b*****s to survive this season.  Up front and at the back.

If Doran was at anyone else other than Caley he wouldn’t even be on the Radar.