The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:
1 hour ago, StuartTaylor said:
As long as our players dont start pushing Pruvit we should be fine next season.

It's sad to see what has become of Andrew Davies. He deserves better.

On his game, the best CB we have ever had IMHO. 

PRUVIT

1 hour ago, StuartTaylor said:

On his game, the best CB we have ever had IMHO. 

PRUVIT

When he wasn't made of paper mache in his third season, 100% agreed.

Signing news at 11. Joe Chalmers incoming [emoji20]

It’d be nice if Donaldson was also announced, to soften the blow. What a spectacularly meh signing.

Why do we need seven central midfielders anyway?

Do keep up .... he hasn't really been fit since an operation several months ago.

It says a lot of his core determination and drive that he played through that to help the cause of a team that didn't have the benefit of spares.

This attitude when added to his undoubted skill will see his value elevated to record levels.

Signings which are met with responses of “I’d have kept him but I’m surprised he’s found a club at that level” were a County speciality for a while. I thought we had put those days behind us.

The first signing of the summer is... a back up central midfielder. The only positive thing I can think of is that he’s got the squad number 23, which means 6 and 8 and 11 are all already taken. County had nobody who could step in for Draper when he moved to centre half, so I guess this is why they’ve signed this chump.

Do Ferguson & Kettlewell have little contacts/scouts etc to be able to get half decent players? At least when we had Derek and George Adams in charge we could get excited by the new wave of diddies every window that nobody had heard of before being underwhelmed, where as this is just disappointing from the off...

9 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

Do Ferguson & Kettlewell have little contacts/scouts etc to be able to get half decent players? At least when we had Derek and George Adams in charge we could get excited by the new wave of diddies every window that nobody had heard of before being underwhelmed, where as this is just disappointing from the off...

Why bother when you can just scan the ICT squad and offer them another 3-400 a week?  It worked for Aberdeen for long enough.

Fucking hell, I thought I was a miserable c**t. 

He appears to be able to pass a ball more than 10 yards, which puts him ahead of everyone in centre-midfield apart from Vigurs. And Vigurs probably isn't going to be playing every week given (a) the nature of his recent injury, and (b) he's not the player he was 4/5 years ago. It's not exciting but he's functional and serves a purpose - that's what this summer window is going to be like, maybe one or two gems.

The budget is, by all accounts, smaller than last time out in the Premiership.