The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 minute ago, humbleheart said:

Big Danny Bachman’s loan spell at Killie is over and worth a punt at again. He might have fond memories of the Global Hyperdome. Failing that, get the cheque book out Roy and poach Vaclav from St Mirren

Even though I'm certain Uncle Roy's millions will be in play over the summer, I very much doubt that Bachmann will be anywhere near Dingwall. I doubt he'll be anywhere near Kilmarnock either - he has been (for me) the best goalkeeper in the league since January and seems to have attracted a lot of attention.

Bachmann looked like he had the potential to be brilliant last time around and I often wonder 'what if'.  The problem was a) he didn't want to be on the bench to Fox, and b) he didn't want to live in Inverness.

Edited by bunglebonce

Fox's main strength is his shot stopping. Only keeper I can think of at County that topped him for that was Big Mick, who is still the best keeper I've seen at County by some distance. Pity we've no chance of ever getting him back.
He's out of contract this summer I believe....

31 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Even though I'm certain Uncle Roy's millions will be in play over the summer, I very much doubt that Bachmann will be anywhere near Dingwall. I doubt he'll be anywhere near Kilmarnock either - he has been (for me) the best goalkeeper in the league since January and seems to have attracted a lot of attention.

I thought Sevco were interested in him- no chance of us getting near him if that's the case, much as I liked what I saw of him.

How long do you think itll be until you announce your signings from ICT after tonight?

Trying to keep track of top flight transfers.

1 hour ago, frankthetank22 said:

Anyone even suggesting we sign Ridgers is off their heid too, he's utter gash!

Reported for prejudice against those with mental health issues and for reminding others working through the pain of penalties past.

Munro is going out on loan this season to continue his development, needs regular games - Ferg in P&J, so we are looking for 2 keepers.

This news on Fox has been circulating since the Falkirk game, seems he needs to move 'back down the road'. 

Rumours also that Grivosti is offski,  has failed to agree terms. I'd be more disappointed with that than Fox leaving.

28 minutes ago, StuartTaylor said:

Munro is going out on loan this season to continue his development, needs regular games - Ferg in P&J, so we are looking for 2 keepers.

Best way for Munro to develop imo, get him out on loan, lower league team, playing first team, then back in a years time pushing for a starting place. 

This news on Fox has been circulating since the Falkirk game, seems he needs to move 'back down the road'. 
Rumours also that Grivosti is offski,  has failed to agree terms. I'd be more disappointed with that than Fox leaving.

That’d be a massive blow. He’s our best centre back.

26 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

That’d be a massive blow. He’s our best centre back.

No he's not, hes our best prospect. Watson was clearly our best centre back last season.

In saying that, I'm with you in that I hope he desides to sign on again but it'll depend on what his demands are.

Would say there isn't a huge amount in a lot of things between Watson and Grivosti, but Watson's ability to make an incredible number of blocks edges him ahead of Grivosti. He saved us numerous times last season being in the right place at the right time.

Would say there isn't a huge amount in a lot of things between Watson and Grivosti, but Watson's ability to make an incredible number of blocks edges him ahead of Grivosti. He saved us numerous times last season being in the right place at the right time.

I’d say Watson is more of a right back, but either way, I would have thought Grivosti would have been in contention for starting next season. I’m a little surprised he’s asking for silly money.

"Good shot-stopper" is damning with faint praise for a goalkeeper. It's literally their job. I'm not devastated to see Fox go but he's been a decent player over the last few seasons and all the best to him in the future.

Good to hear that Munro is going out on loan to get game-time, hopefully it's not a Elgin though - that seems to be the place where County youths go to die. 

Getting Grivosti signed up should be a priority. An impressive season and he'll go for a decent fee next summer - I'll be raging if he leaves this summer over contract negotiations. I doubt he's asking for silly money either.

Grivosti will be going nowhere.....

Although the deals being offered to players this Summer do not seem to be matching up to years gone by.

It may mean one or two could be tempted away, Fox being one. Although Grivosti will not be one of them.