The General Ross County Chat Thread

2 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

Captain, Fontaine? I'm surprised that he hasn't been released as a player and kept as a coach tbh, this'll be his swansong season, in and out of the team as and when required imo.

If you meant Fraser as captain, he's very lucky to have been offered a new two year contract after his on the field performances these last TWO seasons, bang average would be being generous. The last time he looked confident at right back was when midge was at RM and was doubling up to help him.

Watson and Morris were our best pairing in the Championship winning season, would my first choice to start. Donaldson would need to integrate himself before being considered ahead of Grivo and Semple. 

We need full backs or were going to get ripped apart next season!

Sorry pal, I did mean Fraser.

I think as a player Watson is better than Fraser, just seems more comfortable and confident. I like Fraser he always gives 100% but last 2 season has been underwhelming. I’ve not seen Watson enough at RB to judge as he’s been CB most of the year. If he’s as good at RB as CB then I’d drop Fraser and shuffle Donaldson in (if he signs) next to Fontaine or Grivosti. I think Fontaine will be in and out a lot next year as he’s older and Grivo maybe in and out too to gain experience.

From what I seen of Morris he looked solid, Watson Morris and Donaldson as 3 in a back for looks good. A LB is a must buy though

Donaldson would be an improvement on what we have, but how much are we paying for him? He’s not worth significant money to be honest.

A left back is a must.

12 minutes ago, Loki said:

Why would anyone pay a fee up front for him before he’s signed? If he picks up a knee injury, why would you still pay for him?

Yeah, be difficult to buy your way out that deal tbf.

3 hours ago, Spain said:

If stories are to be believed, ICT have already received the money for Donaldson so the outcome of the playoffs shouldn't make any difference to it.

sniff

sniff sniff sniff

sniff sniff

18 minutes ago, MarkPockets said:

Looks like Fox is away.

That astonishes me, but I'm a bigger fan of Fox than most others on here.  I have no idea who is out of contract, but I'm guessing Cerny would have been high up on this list had he not signed for Aberdeen to sit on the bench.

I guess he was one of the two players that Kettlewell intimated had offers from bigger clubs.  

Edited by Savage Henry

That astonishes me, but I'm a bigger fan of Fox than most others on here.  I have no idea who is out of contract, but I'm guessing Cerny would have been high up on this list had he not signed for Aberdeen to sit on the bench.
I guess he was one of the two players that Kettlewell intimated had offers from bigger clubs.  
He is out of contact so perhaps a bigger offer came in?
Dissapointed to see him go. He's certainly had his moments but he's been excellent more often than not for us.

He is out of contact so perhaps a bigger offer came in?
Dissapointed to see him go. He's certainly had his moments but he's been excellent more often than not for us.

He had a terrible season last year, but he’s far from alone in that.

I’d say Dundee United would be an obvious move, but I’d be surprised if they were throwing contracts about at this stage.

Went into the club today to collect my season ticket as was told that the entire Jailend has sold out this season, with very limited seats available in the West Stand, and the East Stand is filling up quickly as well. Apparently a large number of new ST buyers as well which is fantastic for the club. It's very clear that there is a real feel good factor around again and that support is bound to filter down to the managers and players. I just hope we build sufficiently this summer to have a solid season back where we belong

Went into the club today to collect my season ticket as was told that the entire Jailend has sold out this season, with very limited seats available in the West Stand, and the East Stand is filling up quickly as well. Apparently a large number of new ST buyers as well which is fantastic for the club. It's very clear that there is a real feel good factor around again and that support is bound to filter down to the managers and players. I just hope we build sufficiently this summer to have a solid season back where we belong
They don't go on general sale until next month?

1 hour ago, MarkPockets said:
1 hour ago, stagdhu said:

They don't go on general sale until next month?

You can buy new tickets at the moment, I think.  However, it's not correct to say the Jailend has sold out because not every existing season ticket holder will have renewed yet.  They've got until 7 June to do that.

Surprised Fox has gone, thought he'd want to exorcise the demons of his awful last season in the top flight. For what it's worth, Fox was generally a decent keeper for us and I'm sad to see him go.

I'd certainly be looking at St. Mirren's keeper if they go down, he's looked decent from what I've seen.

27 minutes ago, Forfinn said:

You can buy new tickets at the moment, I think.  However, it's not correct to say the Jailend has sold out because not every existing season ticket holder will have renewed yet.  They've got until 7 June to do that.

Just going by what the girl at the shop was telling me. I guess what you said is correct however, and it was a misinterpretation by myself or inaccurate info she may have been told. Indeed there is still plenty of time for renewals 

2 minutes ago, stagdhu said:

Just going by what the girl at the shop was telling me. I guess what you said is correct however, and it was a misinterpretation by myself or inaccurate info she may have been told. Indeed there is still plenty of time for renewals 

I'm still to renew mine, but I can wait until payday to do that.

12 minutes ago, SueSue said:

Yes, but where is he going?

Who could do with an upgrade in their goalkeeping department, the first one that springs to mind to me is Hearts, they've already signed up the Livi centre half Halkett on a pre contract, maybe @FoxInTheBox too.

Everyone else in Scotland is either settled with decent goalkeepers or they aren't really much of an improvement imo but family location and wages can make other clubs more appealing than then initially appear, well to me anyway, and quite right too.

Fox has been a great servant to Ross County and I wish him and his family all the best for the future (well as long as he gifts us 3 points if ever we meet on the field again).