The General Ross County Chat Thread

3 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

There seems to be a reluctance from the club to publish the new season ticket prices, despite them going on sale next Tuesday. I imagine the £200 Jailend tickets are a thing of the past.

We surely can't be expecting a further freeze after promotion. If they did a £250 Jailend ticket that would be more than reasonable. 

On 09/05/2019 at 14:05, Comrie said:

I was expecting to pay somewhere between £250 and £275 for a Jailend ticket this year.

In the context of a low wage economy, that's a deal that would be fair but having run the figures through my spreadsheet I can't get it to break even.

I might be missing something. Can anyone help?

2 hours ago, sophia said:

In the context of a low wage economy, that's a deal that would be fair but having run the figures through my spreadsheet I can't get it to break even.

I might be missing something. Can anyone help?

Check macros are enabled? 

What CB partnership does everyone think we will go with next year? Let’s assume the rumours are true and Coll Donaldson does come in...

Watson has been very consistent all year I think I would go as far to say our best defender but most of our defence has been out most of the season.

Grivosti really came on to a game in the final half of the season, certainly growing into a comfortable player, would imagine if his progress keeps up then the next season he will be one of the first names on the team sheet.

Fontaine, obviously injured for most of the year but a bit of a fan favourite already , very experienced but he is a year older, still plenty to offer but will anyone replace him out our options?

Morris did look pretty good from what I seen of him, although that’s about all I can say, not seen enough to make judgment.

Donaldson (assuming he signs) has strolled it this year for them and been easily one of the best on the pitch every time I’ve seen him play. Is he much better than what we currently have?

10 hours ago, RossCountyFan14 said:

What CB partnership does everyone think we will go with next year? Let’s assume the rumours are true and Coll Donaldson does come in...

Watson has been very consistent all year I think I would go as far to say our best defender but most of our defence has been out most of the season.

Grivosti really came on to a game in the final half of the season, certainly growing into a comfortable player, would imagine if his progress keeps up then the next season he will be one of the first names on the team sheet.

Fontaine, obviously injured for most of the year but a bit of a fan favourite already , very experienced but he is a year older, still plenty to offer but will anyone replace him out our options?

Morris did look pretty good from what I seen of him, although that’s about all I can say, not seen enough to make judgment.

Donaldson (assuming he signs) has strolled it this year for them and been easily one of the best on the pitch every time I’ve seen him play. Is he much better than what we currently have?

You forgot Semple.

Who actually played more first team games at CB last season than any of the above except for Donaldson.

Cup Tied and a bit naughty on his SFA betting charge since signing hence not played to make a solid judgement.

11 hours ago, RossCountyFan14 said:

I'd be all in favour of Grivosti and Donaldson.  If Donaldson somehow doesn't sign, it'd be Fontaine and Grivosti for me, with Watson reverting to his regular - and more comfortable right back role.  Not sure what the plans are for Morris or Semple.  It's definitely a position that needs at least one, and possibly two, upgrades.

20 minutes ago, SueSue said:

So you would drop the captain to the bench?

nice idea, can’t really see it.

Captain, Fontaine? I'm surprised that he hasn't been released as a player and kept as a coach tbh, this'll be his swansong season, in and out of the team as and when required imo.

If you meant Fraser as captain, he's very lucky to have been offered a new two year contract after his on the field performances these last TWO seasons, bang average would be being generous. The last time he looked confident at right back was when midge was at RM and was doubling up to help him.

Watson and Morris were our best pairing in the Championship winning season, would my first choice to start. Donaldson would need to integrate himself before being considered ahead of Grivo and Semple. 

We need full backs or were going to get ripped apart next season!

I honestly thought Fraser would skoosh the second tier as he's proven he can do a very decent job in the top flight- unless he's been carrying a persistent niggling injury over the season he's currently way below Watson in terms of value to the side.

I see Grivosti and Fontaine starting the season with Fraser at RB to start but if he doesn't impress Watson will replace him.

Edit: This may change depending on who we bring in. If Caley come up, I very much doubt Donaldson will join.

Edited by Comrie

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

I honestly thought Fraser would skoosh the second tier as he's proven he can do a very decent job in the top flight- unless he's been carrying a persistent niggling injury over the season he's currently way below Watson in terms of value to the side.

I see Grivosti and Fontaine starting the season with Fraser at RB to start but if he doesn't impress Watson will replace him.

Edit: This may change depending on who we bring in. If Caley come up, I very much doubt Donaldson will join.

The Caley fans seem to think Donaldson is being pushed out for the cold, hard cash irrespective of going up.  Promotion may simply mean teams have to spend a bit more.  

Current pecking order in the back four is very hard to judge given the injuries, Grivosti's performances, and the fact that Watson played most of the season out of position.    Watson's propensity to get caught under the ball is a concern if he's going to be playing there next season.  

And then again there are the vagaries of the contract situation.

On 09/05/2019 at 09:19, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

There seems to be a reluctance from the club to publish the new season ticket prices, despite them going on sale next Tuesday. I imagine the £200 Jailend tickets are a thing of the past.

We all sit in the ESE and will be renewing, well those I've spoken to are anyway.

What were the prices for this season that just finished, I paid ours in a one lump and can't for the life of me remember how much it was?

I'm not why anyone would have Fontaine over Watson. He's been injured for most of the season, and he's now a year older, and Watson looked a lot more comfortable than Fontaine. I'd have Grivosti as one of the starters and then someone else next to him. 

However, there's a couple of things bothering me:

• We need a squad rather than just a starting XI, so obviously there's going to be guys sitting in the stand - we can't go into next season with the bare bones
  • There's a few posters with a weird, and somewhat baffling, desire to punt Semple - he's only 20/21, and had a decent few months at Qots, and he was signed by SK/SF for cash; they obviously see something in him

The young guy (Murray? @MarkPockets) seems to be rated, and he's another defender. I think, assuming certain rumours turn out to be true - and that's not just the Donaldson one - the only defensive position we need to strengthen is at left-back, where we need a starter. To be honest, I'd like to see us giving some of the younger players a bit more time and opportunity next season. Use them as back-up if need be. Other teams in the topflight do it.