The General Ross County Chat Thread

Yes, Fergiewell will want to sustain the togetherness and mutual belief that (along with sufficient quality) has seen them win this difficult league.

Still need a few new players with step up in quality - not easy to get at a non-budget-bursting price. We are joining a league with many richer clubs who will dominate the top 6 while we likely scrap endlessly with bottom 4 or 5 including the notorious red-and-white jobby that will not flush.

I've heard a few rumbles about us officially approaching Caley about Donaldson and Servette about Alex Schalk. Both are under contract so we'd need to be paying a fee for them- and Caley would not doubt take a hard line (and no wonder) over any fee.

I'd rather we looked elsewhere- down south for the lower leagues would be possibly better value, unless we attempt to resign Jim Fenlon.

24 minutes ago, Comrie said:

I've heard a few rumbles about us officially approaching Caley about Donaldson and Servette about Alex Schalk. Both are under contract so we'd need to be paying a fee for them- and Caley would not doubt take a hard line (and no wonder) over any fee.

I'd rather we looked elsewhere- down south for the lower leagues would be possibly better value, unless we attempt to resign Jim Fenlon.

With Servette about to gain promotion back to the Swiss Super League, and Schalk starting (and scoring) regularly for them, you’d imagine that’s a no-go.

1 minute ago, Nightmare said:

With Servette about to gain promotion back to the Swiss Super League, and Schalk starting (and scoring) regularly for them, you’d imagine that’s a no-go.

It sounds like a Jail End special to me.  

11 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

You would think so. Schalk was so hit and miss last time I'm unsure if he'd offer more than Mckay or Stewart, but he's Alex Schalk so I want to live the dream.

1 hour ago, stagdhu said:

Rumours from down under we are looking at a couple of players from Melbourne Victory???

I'm guessing that's a Steven McGarry link.  I know an Australian/English midfielder was due to sign for the reserves a while back, but things fell through.

1 hour ago, SteakpieStaggie said:

Charlie Adam leaving Stoke this summer emoji102.png

Wonder if he'd fancy another stint with us? Insert some sort of pie clause and there'd be no chance of him turning down an offer.

I notice he sent a well done message on Twitter.

Obviously sniffing around.

And why not?

Charlie Adam leaving Stoke this summer [emoji102]

Wonder if he'd fancy another stint with us? Insert some sort of pie clause and there'd be no chance of him turning down an offer.

Shooting from the half way line every game... great days.

Hats off to Kettlewell last night on Sportsound. He gets it, what a football club should be about. Our heart and soul has been ripped out and it is a fucking scandal

33 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Hats off to Kettlewell last night on Sportsound. He gets it, what a football club should be about. Our heart and soul has been ripped out and it is a fucking scandal

Sad times. 

Spectacular miscalculation that will be regretted for a number of years. Hopefully fan power will rebuild towards better days at Falkirk.

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Shooting from the half way line every game... great days.

No it wasn't, he used to have me raging every match for wasting possession so often... that I wasn't at the St Mirren game when it actually came off made me even more raging when he tried it.

On 4/29/2019 at 18:26, Les Westander of County said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47940589

how the championship was won.  Interesting read. 

The most interesting thing on that from my POV is the number of headed goals scored past Fox.  Only three this season.  It shows how well County have dominated their box and that has allowed Fox himself to focus on his own strengths.

In the previous season, County had conceded five or six goals by the end of December '17 just by Marcus Fraser losing out in aerial duels at the far post, when he was playing centre-back.  It's telling that Fraser has never played CB under SFSK, not even in a back three; even in a back three last season it was Naismith who tucked in and Fraser who played wing-back.  I'm sure the consensus is that Fraser was a talented sweeper when he plays in the centre, but SFSK's strategy for the team to own their own box has paid off.

The same personnel aren't going to be so successful in the top flight where strikers are typically so much more physically robust.  I'd include the 'keeper in that, but I think Fox will remain first choice and an upgrade at centre-back is more likely.