The General Ross County Chat Thread

Can we now win the league on Saturday if we beat Dunfermline on Tuesday and Dundee Utd don’t take full points on Friday night? Maths was never my strong point

5points ahead win on Tuesday 8 points ahead.

Dundee Utd draw 7 points or lose still 8points behind with 3 games to play, We win on Saturday 10 or 11 points so to cut a long story short yes.

Hi folks 

Congratulations on a great season so far, I think you’ll get over the line and we’ll see you next season in the premiership, glad to see Josh is doing so well for you as well, not that I had any doubts. 

Myself and a couple of other lads do a podcast called Talk Livi, we feature a guest on every week and this week it was the turn of Raffa De Vita, he spoke about his spell with yourselves during the interview, if you want to give it a listen I’ll link it below...the interview with Raffa starts around 16 minutes in. 

Any feed back is appreciated, cheers 

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/talk-livi/id1454431947?mt=2#episodeGuid=fc160f3eb5d84c65960ba675243b51e4

@andylivi1 thanks for sharing that.  I didn't listen to the whole show but enjoyed the Raffa De Vita chat and carried on listening through the relegation cadidates etc.  Good content overall. I liked how Raffa enjoyed playing on green grass pitches for the first time, it's not something I would have thought about before. I would have liked to hear more about his personal story between the moves, eg the contrast between living in Bradford and Inverness.  The main focus is on the career of course but I like hearing stories of players who move away out of their comfort zone for the sake of their career and personal development.

On a technical note, there's a lot of room for improvement on the sound quality.  I listened through the car stereo and it was obvious how compressed the sound is, but it would be off-putting to me with headphones on.  I haven't checked the file size nor bit-rate but they seem too small/low.  In this day it's not the end of the world to have a 80-120MB or bigger file for an hour's show.  I honestly thought the Raffa interview was done via Skype because the sound quality was so bad, I was surprised to then realise it was a face-to-face interview at the stadium.  The theme is great but it sounds like it was recorded second-hand off a telly with Snapchat.  The group chat sounds better.

I have minimal podcast producing experience, but you could do a lot worse than a) A proper mic, connected to b) a laptop, with c) recording and editing done on Audacity.  If you did that the sound quality would be so much better for not a huge outlay.

I like it when clubs allow players to get on board with interviews for these things.  It means you have to be slightly careful with your content though.  I've long thought of doing something similar for Ross County, after being a contributor to podcasts hosted by MFR around 2012-14.  If you're after more reach, maybe you can get the stadium announcer to give the podcast a plug at HT or something.

All the best with the podcast.

Edited by bunglebonce

11 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

@andylivi1 thanks for sharing that.  I didn't listen to the whole show but enjoyed the Raffa De Vita chat and carried on listening through the relegation cadidates etc.  Good content overall. I liked how Raffa enjoyed playing on green grass pitches for the first time, it's not something I would have thought about before. I would have liked to hear more about his personal story between the moves, eg the contrast between living in Bradford and Inverness.  The main focus is on the career of course but I like hearing stories of players who move away out of their comfort zone for the sake of their career and personal development.

On a technical note, there's a lot of room for improvement on the sound quality.  I listened through the car stereo and it was obvious how compressed the sound is, but it would be off-putting to me with headphones on.  I haven't checked the file size nor bit-rate but they seem too small/low.  In this day it's not the end of the world to have a 80-120MB or bigger file for an hour's show.  I honestly thought the Raffa interview was done via Skype because the sound quality was so bad, I was surprised to then realise it was a face-to-face interview at the stadium.  The theme is great but it sounds like it was recorded second-hand off a telly with Snapchat.  The group chat sounds better.

I have minimal podcast producing experience, but you could do a lot worse than a) A proper mic, connected to b) a laptop, with c) recording and editing done on Audacity.  If you did that the sound quality would be so much better for not a huge outlay.

I like it when clubs allow players to get on board with interviews for these things.  It means you have to be slightly careful with your content though.  I've long thought of doing something similar for Ross County, after being a contributor to podcasts hosted by MFR around 2012-14.  If you're after more reach, maybe you can get the stadium announcer to give the podcast a plug at HT or something.

All the best with the podcast.

Thank you so much for that feedback, it is greatly appreciated. 

We are fairly new to it all, this was only our 7th episode and none of us have a back ground in podcasting or audio work so we are just about getting by just now haha. 

We do actually record using a laptop though audacity and a proper podcasting mic (blue yeti) but the interview was interrupted by a constant and very loud humming noise from outside the room we done the interview in (very frustrating) and had to edit it out which I agree made the interview sound a tad robotic, the sound quality should be that of the chat between the lads but as I say due to the humming noise I had to try and edit it out which made it almost impossible for perfect audio. 

The club has been outstanding with us, we’ve been allowed access to the club every week to chat with a player or a coach etc and really support us, as you say we have to be a tad careful we aren’t over critical but we haven’t had to be anyway as everything has been going very well, I’m sure in the future that problem might crop up again. 

Again thank you so much for the feed back, it really means a lot and for listening as well.

9 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Sorry for assuming you didn’t have the right setup in place :lol:

:lol::lol: nah it’s cool, no offence taken, i understand why you’d think that listening to just the interview. 

As I say because we are really new to it all, any feedback is properly taken on board, we want to get as good at it as we can and represent the club as well as we can. 

Our final home game of the season against Queen of the South has been moved to the Friday night. Another 7.05 kick-off on BBC Scotland.

Considering that will likely be trophy presentation day, I find it an odd choice that BBC Scotland will want to show the match and then inevitably cut away before the trophy so that they can show the "can't possibly be called anything else or moved around The Nine".

26 minutes ago, Spain said:

Our final home game of the season against Queen of the South has been moved to the Friday night. Another 7.05 kick-off on BBC Scotland.

Considering that will likely be trophy presentation day, I find it an odd choice that BBC Scotland will want to show the match and then inevitably cut away before the trophy so that they can show the "can't possibly be called anything else or moved around The Nine".

Shit I have train tickets booked and a hotel.  I picked this match as one of my six  I'll still make it though

Edited by baw heid
Needed to add a comment

42 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

That's a bit of a bummer, it's a real pain trying to finish work at 5 and then get to Dingwall for 7. Minimal boozing time as well  :(

Only 4.5 hours from Dumfries on a Friday night!! 

1 hour ago, Spain said:

:lol:

What a piss take to do that just over two weeks before the tie. Feel for any Queens fans who had already made plans to go to the game thinking it was on the Saturday.

That is true although I hadn't anticipated that the BBC would start showing games on a Friday. My apologies to all. I will buy a Harry Gow dream ring for any QotS fan who has been inconvenienced by my error :( 

5 hours ago, Spain said:

Although I share a lot of the anger and frustrations of fans at some of the awful scheduling that goes on these days, this is the first time I have probably ever publicly commented on such stuff online...

I am as close to 'raging' as I tend to get, at this news. Trophy day (ok, it's not clinched yet, but let's be realistic), last home game of the season, not been able to take my kid along for ages mostly due to late kick-offs... I was SO up for the fun family Saturday afternoon experience that this was going to be, and now this utter nonsense is announced. It is a mess on so many levels, one of the most glaringly obvious ones being that the TV broadcast is going to look pretty stupid cutting out just before what in many ways is the "main event" of the day, the presentation and title celebrations.

Who's it recommended to constructively voice displeasure at in a situation like this?

There are some proper imbeciles out there.

2 hours ago, The Great Stagsby said:

Although I share a lot of the anger and frustrations of fans at some of the awful scheduling that goes on these days, this is the first time I have probably ever publicly commented on such stuff online...

I am as close to 'raging' as I tend to get, at this news. Trophy day (ok, it's not clinched yet, but let's be realistic), last home game of the season, not been able to take my kid along for ages mostly due to late kick-offs... I was SO up for the fun family Saturday afternoon experience that this was going to be, and now this utter nonsense is announced. It is a mess on so many levels, one of the most glaringly obvious ones being that the TV broadcast is going to look pretty stupid cutting out just before what in many ways is the "main event" of the day, the presentation and title celebrations.

Who's it recommended to constructively voice displeasure at in a situation like this?

There are some proper imbeciles out there.

Kenny our SLO would be a good first contact, although he's already on board and representing the concerns. This really is a poor move by all concerned, and really makes a mockery of "fans first". Dumfries to Dingwall for 7.05 on a friday? Which means drive through central belt at Friday rush hour. What a joke.

9 hours ago, Rosscubed said:

Kenny our SLO would be a good first contact, although he's already on board and representing the concerns. This really is a poor move by all concerned, and really makes a mockery of "fans first". Dumfries to Dingwall for 7.05 on a friday? Which means drive through central belt at Friday rush hour. What a joke.

I don't think that's the issue. Sometimes you will just need to travel somewhere at a busy time of the day but changing the fixture at just over two weeks notice is piss poor and shows nothing but contempt for the fans.