The General Ross County Chat Thread

I watched Wallace for the u20s against Falkirk reserves (nine of their first-team pool playing).  Wallace's first touch with his right foot is better than anything I've seen from a youth player at the club.  It's hard for a player of that stature to get a central role in the first team but I don't think he's a winger.

We virtually only have a first team pool now.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

How's Andy Boyle & Spence?

Still unsure on Boyle, he’s been good in spells but personally think he’s too small for a CB. 

Love spence though, he’s like a Kettlewell / Draper but can play a bit of football. He’s probably been one of our better players since he’s signed! IMO....

Edited by StoneThrowAway

Boyle's solid and unspectacular. Does a job at this level but probably is a bit wee for a centre half.

I expected very little from Spence but he's turning out to be a right good signing. As above, he's similar to Kettlewell- if he can add the goals to his game that Ketts did as he got older he'd probably move to a club a level above us.

Edited by Comrie

On 03/03/2019 at 20:09, SueSue said:

Which is what ?

You need a description of what an average first team pool consists of, you want them named, or you didn’t understand BPMs post?

57 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Congrats to County. That's now an unassailable lead. Well deserved and comfortably the best team in the league.

The odd thing is, at the start of the season, RC were the clear favourites to go up . If I mind right Fuctifano worked out a table of predictions and the only people who didn't seem to think RC would win the league were deluded Falkirk fans and Ross County supporters themselves. 

1 hour ago, StoneThrowAway said:

Keith Watson showed again why he is our POTY last night...

If Spence had been here all season he'd be up there too.

57 minutes ago, RiG said:

The odd thing is, at the start of the season, RC were the clear favourites to go up . If I mind right Fuctifano worked out a table of predictions and the only people who didn't seem to think RC would win the league were deluded Falkirk fans and Ross County supporters themselves. 

Fair to say we over-estimated the quality of the league.

Not that it's been easy mind. Ayr did a terrific job of running us close and all credit to the,. And I suspect if Dundee United hadn't wasted the first 7 games of the season with an absolute clown in the dugout it'd be a different story.

Edited by forkboy

I only heard about it the other day, if he's got a problem he needs help but it's a well publicised rule so he should know better.

3 minutes ago, Comrie said:

I only heard about it the other day, if he's got a problem he needs help but it's a well publicised rule so he should know better.

Not sure if it is quite as well publicised in England where a total ban on betting on football is relatively new. 

On 13/03/2019 at 09:02, RiG said:

I have long been proclaiming that we would skoosh the league to be fair. 

52 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Totally disagree with you.

yes of course he should know better but he was 19 years old when he moved to Scotland in his first full year as a professional player. I am sure if he had known the rules he would not have been stupid enough to do it.

One thing I know for sure is that he is not the only player betting on football and if you think otherwise you are extremely naive.

FFS the Scottish FA are happy to accept millions of pounds from William Hill. Then question there own members for betting.

I read it was like The Vegetarians Society being sponsored by British Beef.

Complete hypocrisy .....

I am sure he will take his punishment and move on ....

Totally disagree with you.
yes of course he should know better but he was 19 years old when he moved to Scotland in his first full year as a professional player. I am sure if he had known the rules he would not have been stupid enough to do it.
One thing I know for sure is that he is not the only player betting on football and if you think otherwise you are extremely naive.
FFS the Scottish FA are happy to accept millions of pounds from William Hill. Then question there own members for betting.
I read it was like The Vegetarians Society being sponsored by British Beef.
Complete hypocrisy .....

I am sure he will take his punishment and move on ....

There’s not a chance he didn’t know the rules on betting. It’s the the same rules in England as it is Scotland.