The General Ross County Chat Thread

I believe the club will confirm later that Billy is now done for the season, it looked a seriously nasty one. Hope he recovers in good speed.

Edited by Comrie

Bad news about Mckay especially after such a brilliant performance from him.

There should be enough attacking players in the squad to fill the void though and hopefully players like Mcmanus or graham would grab the opportunity. Im not sure how long Stewart is meant to be out for but if hes back soon that will soften the blow too.

What a season for injuries though, will be a hell of an achievement to win the league if we do manage to! 

I've heard Stewart's injury isn't too bad, expect him or Graham to lead the line in a 4-3-3/4-5-1 from now on, rather than the 4-4-2/4-4-1-1.

2 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

How about either Lindsay/Paton/ Vigurs in the 10 role with a combination on Mullin/Gardyne/ Armstrong  out wide.

By the sounds of things, Vigurs is a bit away yet. 

All in favour of Paton and Armstrong getting involved.

14 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Losing your top scorer?

Fair enough, never heard loosing a player being described as a blip before.

But yeah i'm sure either multi million £ signings Declan McManus or Brian Graham can fill Billy McKay's boots.  Best of luck in your push for a play off place btw.

2 hours ago, staggy4life said:

Let's hope not. Would rather James Wallace got some game time.

Wallace has looked decent when I've seen him, which means he'll no doubt get punted in the summer.

Morrison doesn't look like he's set the heather alight at Elgin in terms of goals.

I watched Wallace for the u20s against Falkirk reserves (nine of their first-team pool playing).  Wallace's first touch with his right foot is better than anything I've seen from a youth player at the club.  It's hard for a player of that stature to get a central role in the first team but I don't think he's a winger.