The General Ross County Chat Thread

17 hours ago, Comrie said:

Can someone tell our gaffers that at times, changing tactics is a good idea?

Players in their natural roles is good too.
During the repeated injury crisis they could rightly be cut some slack, but I'm getting a bit tired of things like Lindsey right wing, McKay in centre mid,  Stewart left wing, etc.
Not calling for their heads or anything, just getting frustrated.

3 minutes ago, dingdong1929 said:

Players in their natural roles is good too.
During the repeated injury crisis they could rightly be cut some slack, but I'm getting a bit tired of things like Lindsey right wing, McKay in centre mid,  Stewart left wing, etc.
Not calling for their heads or anything, just getting frustrated.

Steven Ferguson spent his first season at County playing wide right, even though it clearly wasn't his position.  You'd like to think he's playing the long game, but some of the positional moves are very odd.

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Steven Ferguson spent his first season at County playing wide right, even though it clearly wasn't his position.  You'd like to think he's playing the long game, but some of the positional moves are very odd.

His first season was 96, when Billy Ferries was still banging out 30 games a season on the right wing.
When Billy Ferries retired I think he got shunted out there as there were concerns Kevin Finlayson didn't look up to replacing Billy?
Soon got him in the middle though with Kenny Gilbert.

Anyway, that shouldnt have affected him to the extent that he thinks Ross Stewart is a winger! ;)

Assists
13 - Mullin
7 - Draper
5 - DKD, Mckay 
4 - Graham
3 - McManus, Gardyne, Cowie, Lindsay 
2 - Stelios
1 - Watson, VDW, Dow, Stewart, Dingwall, Fraser, Vigurs, Fontaine

I've been keeping track of assists this season and I think it's fairly accurate. Surprising to see Draper in 2nd place!

27 minutes ago, staggy4life said:

Assists
13 - Mullin
7 - Draper
5 - DKD, Mckay 
4 - Graham
3 - McManus, Gardyne, Cowie, Lindsay 
2 - Stelios
1 - Watson, VDW, Dow, Stewart, Dingwall, Fraser, Vigurs, Fontaine

I've been keeping track of assists this season and I think it's fairly accurate. Surprising to see Draper in 2nd place!

How on earth has Draper assisted that many? I can only think of the one he set up for Stewart in the derby win.

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

How on earth has Draper assisted that many? I can only think of the one he set up for Stewart in the derby win.

I can't remember all of them off the top of my head but yes the two Bungle mentioned. Two header set-ups for Watson at EEP and Stewart at Fir Park. His saved shot in the 2-1 derby win that Mckay tapped in also technically counts as an assist. I'd need to check the highlights for the remaining two.

McKay is out for a while by the sounds of it, really hope he's back soon as he was so sharp tonight, the first touch then composed finish for the first were great then what a strike for the second and then bravely for the winner!

What was up with Ross Stewart? I saw him sit down then shake his head, groin pull or something, hopefully the weekend off will give him time to recuperate. 

2 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

I’ll be pleasantly surprised if Mckay is back this season.  Gutted for him, he was so sharp last night.

Come the next fixture Cowie, Draper and probably Vigurs will all be in contention, so there will be an option to play a different way at least.

It looks a bad one.  I guess it means less need to shoehorn strikers into the side by playing them out of position, but he's comfortably the most prolific scorer on the books.  Real chance for Brian Graham, I guess, but Paton could come into contention in the 10 role if they want to go more 4-4-1-1.