The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 hour ago, Staggie52 said:

It’ll be interesting to see how it works out.  Pawlett and Sow’s time with MK Dons was hampered by injuries. Reynolds hasn’t played this season as far as I can see. Good players, but a bit of a gamble?

Making  wholesale changes to any organisation, never mind a football team, is risky. Will they gel? How does it affect the existing players?

On paper it’s great, but I’m not panicking,  yet....

Aye, interested to see how it pans out.   Precedents of it going either way, fingers crossed.

With regard to ourselves,  our greater depth in defence (as in we now actually have some defenders) will hopefully see us improve.  A settled back 4 with Draper consistently in midfield could make a big difference.

It would have been nice to see a left-back arrive as cover for (or to start ahead of) Sean Kelly. That said, as much as the "lol, kenny ur shit" meme is a good laugh (okay, sometimes he's rank rotten but he's a loveable rogue), I don't think he's the worst option to have at left-back at this level - he's capable.

As @dingdong1929 says, there's much needed depth in defence and that has a knock-on effect on the midfield. Draper is the best at what he does in this division. I'd still like to see more of Paton ahead of Spence or Cowie. 

Armstrong looks like he has potential but I expect him to be wildly inconsistent. However, we were (I was) whinging for a left-footed wide player and we got one. 

Graham is fit and is getting game time, which is good. Mullin is back from suspension. Gardyne should hopefully be 100% now. McManus has found a little bit of form in the last two games. Hopefully Vigurs will be back in contention by March. And despite struggling to string a decent performance together since the start of November, there's a 3 point (6 point) cushion.

I feel more optimistic now than I did after the QOS defeat. All the pieces seem to be in place. Basically, it's all down to the co-managers now :unsure2:

Maybe this will increase the pressure on United and Ayr as they've certainly gone for it with United brining in a pile of folk and Ayr beating us to a player and keeping Shankland. Both have shown they want up and have gone for it. The pressure is certainly on United as the "big team" of the three of us. Hell, I wouldn't even discount Caley from the title scene as there's only nine points in it and they've been incredibly tough to beat all season.

4 hours ago, Comrie said:

Maybe this will increase the pressure on United and Ayr as they've certainly gone for it with United brining in a pile of folk and Ayr beating us to a player and keeping Shankland. Both have shown they want up and have gone for it. The pressure is certainly on United as the "big team" of the three of us. Hell, I wouldn't even discount Caley from the title scene as there's only nine points in it and they've been incredibly tough to beat all season.

I'd say we can aim for 3rd at best.  Which I'd be happy with.  Then see how we get on in the play-offs.  Think it's you and United for the title.

34 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

... Think it's you and United for the title.

Their Dad's Bigger than Our Dad. 

But I'd hope their brand new starting 11 does not click immediately. Meanwhile we just need to keep getting points on the board so they don't catch us. 

Edited by Les Westander of County

7 hours ago, Les Westander of County said:

Their Dad's Bigger than Our Dad. 

But I'd hope their brand new starting 11 does not click immediately. Meanwhile we just need to keep getting points on the board so they don't catch us. 

Me too. I thought they had already become a force when they went on the wee run after Neilson took over but they were soon brought back down to earth.

Fingers crossed County keep winning anyway as you say and Dundee United and Ayr won't be an issue.

Today's huge though, the away form must improve dramatically and hopefully it will start now!

7 hours ago, BuieCounty said:

True, they are a good team as we know better than anyone.

And in Dobbie they have what Boyce was for us, a prolific goalscorer which alone can elevate a team to a higher level.

They would be a tough team to face if they do make the play-offs.

Somebody needs to teach you how to do multiquotes lad :lol:

Imagine being the type of person to go out on a night out and abuse a footballer, just because he's a footballer. Especially the stuff he's proclaiming to be proud to have come out with. Someone's peaked at minimum wage.

The fact he's bragging about it on Twitter is pretty reprehensible, to be honest. Who honestly goes out to start a scrap with a footballer, no matter what team they play for?

6 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

Who has been bragging, what has been said?

Just saw the video of Vigurs being wrestled to the ground and cuffed, no idea what’s happened to get him into that state.

He was in Foxes when I was up for the Ayr game in Dingwall with Cowie, clearly a big fan of the place.

17 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

He was in Foxes when I was up for the Ayr game in Dingwall with Cowie, clearly a big fan of the place.

It's been the players' haunt for years.  Which is why I haven't stepped foot in it since about 2010.

Nothing says I'm fully committed to recovering from my injury after missing the last 12 matches quite like getting pished and in a fight in the small hours.

Not that the club has discipline issues.