The General Ross County Chat Thread

2 minutes ago, yoda said:

Or was Kelly hooked through injury on Saturday?

Yes, Fergie saying that it was a recurrence of his groin injury, and they are waiting to hear the severity. He felt it early in the game but played on until HT. He has had hip and groin operations in the past 12 months. 

Could we be looking at Morris and Kelly out for the season along with Fontaine? I cant recall us having such a spate of injuries.

29 minutes ago, Spain said:

Fraser apparently needing surgery too, but has been nursing his injury for a while and could nurse it until the end of the season.

I think that's been plainly obvious - he's been playing within himself for a while.  At least with these two new centre backs Watson can push out to his usual right back slot if necessary, and you have three or four options at centre back still.  Left back will be Kenny until further notice, I'd imagine. 

The injuries have been insane.  And they aren't contact injuries, either.  Slightly concerning.

Serious questions need to be asked about our medical staff, I think. Some injuries (such as Fontaine's) can't be helped, but we've got a run of persistent and niggling injuries on key players that just doesn't seem to be coming to an end. If we'd been able to put out a first choice eleven (or even close to it!) where would we be? Having to desperately thrash out makeshift defences from week to week seriously hasn't helped.

On 30/01/2019 at 04:40, sophia said:

Caley have as good as handed the trophy to Ross County tonight.

We'll always have Forfar.

Yep it was a nice favour but everyone knows its FAR from over.

The more positive Caley fans around are maybe  looking at their team going on a run and potentially catching up as they have just beaten probably the team of the season so far in their own back yard.

County though will hopefully continue to win and won't need anymore favours and life will be absolutely hunky dory :)

On 29/01/2019 at 16:05, Comrie said:

I do miss the days of seeing MARK HARD on Sky Sports news.

He's the total opposite of Kenny- decent with the ball at his feet and can occasionally ping a worldie of a pass, but for a guy who must be near 6'3" he's abject at physical situations.

I thought that was the case from the what little i've seen of him.

Seems technically good with a good left foot and a good pass but maybe lacks the real grit or fitness levels to grasp hold of the left back position and make it his own.

Cheers 

Edited by BuieCounty

On 29/01/2019 at 22:22, Comrie said:

Serious questions need to be asked about our medical staff, I think. Some injuries (such as Fontaine's) can't be helped, but we've got a run of persistent and niggling injuries on key players that just doesn't seem to be coming to an end. If we'd been able to put out a first choice eleven (or even close to it!) where would we be? Having to desperately thrash out makeshift defences from week to week seriously hasn't helped.

I see what you mean about the medical staff but the biggest clubs in the world with the best medical teams in the world suffer the exact same sort of problems with niggling and reoccuring injuries.

In the same way that we have had some good years with next to no injuries this one has been a bad one with loads of injuries, its just the way it goes sometimes and its just bad luck at the end of the day.

I think its fair to say we would have had a few more points if we didn't have any injuries but all things considered we're doing not too shabby sitting top. All be it with a bit of luck along the way haha

On 29/01/2019 at 19:10, Savage Henry said:

I think that's been plainly obvious - he's been playing within himself for a while.  At least with these two new centre backs Watson can push out to his usual right back slot if necessary, and you have three or four options at centre back still.  Left back will be Kenny until further notice, I'd imagine. 

The injuries have been insane.  And they aren't contact injuries, either.  Slightly concerning.

Yeah, the Defence looking a lot stronger now after the signings so the managers have done well to address the problem.

The injuries haven't been good but thats just the way it goes sometimes. I'm just thankful that Stevie and Stuart went out there in the transfer market and got some signings in to strengthen the problem areas

Looking a lot healthier now for the run in!

Edited by BuieCounty

18 minutes ago, BuieCounty said:

Yeah, the Defence looking a lot stronger now after the signings so the managers have done well to address the problem.

The injuries haven't been good but thats just the way it goes sometimes. I'm just thankful that Stevie and Stuart went out there in the transfer market and got some signings in to strengthen the problem areas

Looking a lot healthier now for the run in!

True, but they've also signed  a couple of players who just happened to be available, and who probably aren't an improvement on what they've already got.  Lewis Spence and Kenny, I'm looking particularly at you.

51 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

True, but they've also signed  a couple of players who just happened to be available, and who probably aren't an improvement on what they've already got.  Lewis Spence and Kenny, I'm looking particularly at you.

Yeah i wasn't too excited about Spence or Van Der Weg either but Semple and Armstrong seem like they will be good signings and hopefully Boyle will be solid.

Fingers crossed anyway and a change in our fortunes when it comes to injuries wouldn't go a miss either!

4 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Harsh in my view - I thought Spence improved our midfield control and performance v Alloa.

Kenny is much maligned too: I think people see a big unit and don't notice that he has regularly shown accuracy, intelligence and a reliable touch when with us last time. Getting more match-fit now and did alright v Alloa.

5 minutes ago, Les Westander of County said:

Harsh in my view - I thought Spence improved our midfield control and performance v Alloa.

Kenny is much maligned too: I think people see a big unit and don't notice that he has regularly shown accuracy, intelligence and a reliable touch when with us last time. Getting more match-fit now and did alright v Alloa.

I wasn't at the game, so I'll grant you both of those points.

I like having Kenny as a cult-hero type, and I like the fact that he's not going to give any half-measures to, say, Kallum Higginbotham.   

I think if Cowie had been contributing more, or if Vigurs was fit, Spence wouldn't be needed.