The General Ross County Chat Thread

3 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Is it a loan deal .

It is a long way from Chesterfield where Semple lives thought he would get a loan club in England just signed a 2 year deal at Sheffield Utd so unlikely to be a permanent deal 

His Grandad was at his last Queens game at Inverness.

I was under the impression he had 6 months left on his contract with an offer of a new deal On the table but not signed. Meaning it could be a loan or indeed a permanent move.

The lad clearly wants first team football rather than under 23s .......  I understand Scunthorpe, AFC Wimbledon, Burton Albion and Partick Thistle all interested.

Would certainly not let Ross County down in any way. He has been a monster at the back for Queens for such a young lad.

2 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Semple has the potential to be a top player young lad that did very well on loan at Queens. Would be disappointing to see him turn out for County tho. 

If it is a permanent move then I can understand the move. Possible route to the Scottish Premier, stability, possible increase in salary etc etc.

If it is a loan then why not at Queens ?.

7 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Someone on the Raith thread is convinced their winger is joining either St Johnstone or County.  Even if he's guff, there's nothing wrong with signing a bench warmer just in case.  I'd be pretty content with our squad if they brought in a centre back and a winger.

5 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

The lad Armstrong has scored some quality goals for Raith Rovers.  Glancing headers, a 25 yard FK, a chip from outside the box and a tap in.  He's quick, left footed and like Mullin is confident to attack the full-back either way.  I think he'd be a really good option.

I'd be surprised if we held an interest any more, our options for the same position seem to be Wotherspoon, Kennedy, Swanson or O'Halloran. 

26 minutes ago, staggy4life said:

Daniel Armstrong and Callum Semple now follow Ross County on Twitter so that's pretty much as good as an official signing these days?

Yes.  Now all we need is for them to post a Notes message from their iPhones and job's a good 'un.  (The opposite is also true - Tony Dingwall didn't write the fans a Notes message when he left so that mean he hates us.)

20 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

What about McManus at right wing?  His final ball is often sub-par but he runs with the ball with a lot of pace and has very good movement.  Thankfully Graham was on the correct wavelength yesterday. 

McManus is a weird one, he's proven he can score goals at this level but at the minute looks like he'd stick his head in a bucket of nipples and come out sucking his thumb. He's direct and has pace, so if need be he's a better option out wide than Stewart, at least.

As mentioned, Armstrong is widely expected to sign with County in the next couple of days. It's a disappointment he didn't stay at Stark's for longer, but towards the end it almost felt like he knew he'd done enough to get a move to a club at a higher level and would rather establish himself elsewhere as opposed to kicking about for another 4 months while we wait for the playoffs and pray for a miracle. 

On his day, he can be exceptional. As Bunglebonce mentioned, he's popped up in various positions and clearly wasn't shy about taking shots. Towards the end, it was a bit detrimental where we were trailing in games, and he'd go for the spectacular rather than maybe finding a better option, but we've got a few who are guilty of that.  He's quick, but can sometimes be a little one dimensional.

Can't fault the lad for joining a team who are very much in the mix for a return to the top flight. There'll be a few folk bitter he didn't make a decision sooner, but he can hardly announce he's leaving a couple of weeks before the end of his contract or folk would question commitment. 

9 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

As mentioned, Armstrong is widely expected to sign with County in the next couple of days. It's a disappointment he didn't stay at Stark's for longer, but towards the end it almost felt like he knew he'd done enough to get a move to a club at a higher level and would rather establish himself elsewhere as opposed to kicking about for another 4 months while we wait for the playoffs and pray for a miracle. 

On his day, he can be exceptional. As Bunglebonce mentioned, he's popped up in various positions and clearly wasn't shy about taking shots. Towards the end, it was a bit detrimental where we were trailing in games, and he'd go for the spectacular rather than maybe finding a better option, but we've got a few who are guilty of that.  He's quick, but can sometimes be a little one dimensional.

Can't fault the lad for joining a team who are very much in the mix for a return to the top flight. There'll be a few folk bitter he didn't make a decision sooner, but he can hardly announce he's leaving a couple of weeks before the end of his contract or folk would question commitment. 

We're often seriously shy about taking shots from outside the box (Vigurs and Mullin aside), so if he can get them reasonably close to the target more often than not, I'll be happy. Transfermarket says he's a left footed right winger- can he play both sides?

5 minutes ago, Comrie said:

We're often seriously shy about taking shots from outside the box (Vigurs and Mullin aside), so if he can get them reasonably close to the target more often than not, I'll be happy. Transfermarket says he's a left footed right winger- can he play both sides?

Generally speaking he's switched wings with Nathan Flanagan. His best game against Arbroath, he played going down the right.

Morning lads,

I run a small site/blog about special and otherwise interesting football tops and their design. I got the Staggies' home kit over the Christmas period what with the price drop, just to write an article about it; if you guys fancy giving it a read and correct me if I got something about the club wrong, I'd be rather grateful;

https://club25football.wordpress.com/2019/01/21/ross-county-fc-2018-2019-home-shirt/

20181229_122428.jpg.f69ede5549436599ccf875a0f0269c46.jpg

Edited by DutchBorderer

11 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

County haven't won the Scottish Cup.  Otherwise I'm impressed with the amount of detail gone into that!

I've never thought about that before.

I knew I got something wrong, thanks for spotting that.

I don't think there is an official reasoning behind the flowing lines in the crest, but mentioning the Peffery seemed relevant. Might be a reference to hills or a different body of water instead.

6 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

I knew I got something wrong, thanks for spotting that.

I don't think there is an official reasoning behind the flowing lines in the crest, but mentioning the Peffery seemed relevant. Might be a reference to hills or a different body of water instead.

Or it could just be the intern at the design office spent 10 minutes ripping off the Walkers' Crisps logo!

Edit: that was a good read.  I think the kit's awful, simply awful, but I do like the work you put into that.

Edited by Savage Henry

Seriously impressive amount of work put into that- more than a large amount of the Scottish media know about County.

I veer from liking to hating the home kit, so I went for the simpler red away kit this season. Feels a bit less staunch.