The General Ross County Chat Thread

Are you lot still paying the same level of wages you were when you were in the top flight?

Apparently between Saints and County for Polworth, last time I remember us going for the same player was Brian Graham, a few years back, and we couldn't get close to your offer.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Are you lot still paying the same level of wages you were when you were in the top flight?

Apparently between Saints and County for Polworth, last time I remember us going for the same player was Brian Graham, a few years back, and we couldn't get close to your offer.

No, everyone that remained took pay cuts.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Everyone else in the division will say "Yes".  County fans will say "No, it was reported in the summer that the one-year contracts were on reduced terms".

If County sign Polworth it'll the usual "County are throwing silly money at the player" rather than the more likely "the player doesn't want to relocate from Inverness so it's a better deal for him".

I'd expect him to sign for St. Johnstone though.

5 minutes ago, Comrie said:

No, everyone that remained took pay cuts.

Ok, cheers.

2 minutes ago, yoda said:

Everyone else in the division will say "Yes".  County fans will say "No, it was reported in the summer that the one-year contracts were on reduced terms".

If County sign Polworth it'll the usual "County are throwing silly money at the player" rather than the more likely "the player doesn't want to relocate from Inverness so it's a better deal for him".

I'd expect him to sign for St. Johnstone though.

If you have lowered wages I can't imagine there will be a huge difference, but you're likely to offer him a more secure first team role, and closer to home.

All that combined means it wouldn't be a shock if he did join you.

Edited by RandomGuy.

I don't really see where Polworth would fit in our side to be honest. On his day, he's got class and can change a game and mostly bossed the 0-0 draw in Dingwall but from what I've seen can drift out of a lot of games. We really need pace in the team and Polworth isn't blessed with it.

5 minutes ago, Comrie said:

I don't really see where Polworth would fit in our side to be honest. On his day, he's got class and can change a game and mostly bossed the 0-0 draw in Dingwall but from what I've seen can drift out of a lot of games. We really need pace in the team and Polworth isn't blessed with it.

Would probably put an end to Harry Paton's County career, for whatever that is worth.

What was McIntyre's hit rate for you lot with signings? More successes than duds? He didn't seem to go on as mental signing sprees as Adams seemed to every 6 month but I still vividly you remember still have revamps every so often under him.

What was McIntyre's hit rate for you lot with signings? More successes than duds? He didn't seem to go on as mental signing sprees as Adams seemed to every 6 month but I still vividly you remember still have revamps every so often under him.

Some of the signings he brought in weren’t bad but was the selections which were awful playing Right backs on the wing, strikers in centre mid. Some decent players that either fell out and never played or had a promising debut or 2 games then sat on the bench

Other than the last season where the entire summer was a game of guess the trialists, Adams was much higher. McIntyre was higher than Cooper but below Adams.

In short, probably about average. When he first came in, he signed some absolute dross because nobody else was available (bit like he’s doing now). His proper signings were largely okay.

16 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

His list of signings:

• Lewis Toshney
  • Martin Woods
  • Terry Dunfield
  • Jamie Reckord
  • Craig Curran
  • Cameron Burgess
  • Marcus Fraser
  • Darvydas Sernas
  • Ruben Palazeulos
  • Rafa De Vita
  • Abdoulaye Meite
  • Ian McShane
  • Michael Gardyne
  • Scott Fox
  • Brian Graham
  • Darren Holden
  • Jonathan Franks
  • Ricky Foster
  • Andrew Davies
  • Chris Robertson
  • Stewart Murdoch
  • Jackson Irvine
  • Daniel Bachmann
  • Gary Woods
  • Alex Schalk
  • James Severn
  • Paul Quinn
  • David Goodwillie
  • Chris Konopka
  • Erik Cikos
  • Aaron McCarey
  • Christoph Routis
  • Kenny van der Veg
  • Jay McEveley
  • Tim Chow
  • Ryan Dow
  • Chris Burke
  • Jason Naismith
  • Jim O'Brien
  • Oscar Gobern
  • Milan Lalkovic
  • Sean Kelly
  • Jamie Lindsay
  • Thomas Mikkelsen
  • Billy Mckay
  • Ross Draper

He's better percentage wise than Adams for me in terms of hits to duds. But you'll get a fair number of both.

Note: Some of these were signed twice (loans then permanent) also Midge and Irvine were here before he joined. 

Edited by Comrie

Oscar Gobern... gives me the fear.

Terry Dunfield being one of those players who plainly wasn't good enough, but the team was desperate for numbers.

In retrospect I might have been a bit harsh on Jimmy Mac.  That list seems to me to be fairly reasonable.  He ought to be shot for what he did to Cikos, though.