The General Ross County Chat Thread

I get more Chow vibes off Spence than McShane, in terms of style of play.

Kenny should be good enough for this level. 

I'm happy with DKD going out on loan.  He looked good in the 5-0 win over Morton, but in the later matches where the team needed to reach into the well he was out of his depth.  He didn't come close to taking his chance that Gardyne's injury afforded him and I don't blame SFSK for not picking him since.  However there is a very good player there to be developed and I hope the loan helps refine his game.

I do expect that there'll be a wide forward coming in.  I was hoping Cammy Smith might have been one but he's signed for DUFC.

Edited by bunglebonce

I get more Chow vibes off Spence than McShane, in terms of style of play.
Kenny should be good enough for this level. 
I'm happy with DKD going out on loan.  He looked good in the 5-0 win over Morton, but in the later matches where the team needed to reach into the well he was out of his depth.  He didn't come close to taking his chance that Gardyne's injury afforded him and I don't blame SFSK for not picking him since.  However there is a very good player there to be developed and I hope the loan helps refine his game.
I do expect that there'll be a wide forward coming in.  I was hoping Cammy Smith might have been one but he's signed for DUFC.

Hopefully Kettleson have actually seen this Spence chap play, in that case.

Spence is just a very young hatchet man. Every squad needs one. My days, you lot have certainly had your fill of them, particularly during the McStay era so I'm not sure how well Spence will compare! 

He's not the finished article and he'll never do anything spectacular. He was a yard too slow in the Prem and got caught out a lot, and frankly, looked out of his depth. He's only 22 though and it's clear that he's the type of player that'll be integral to a team in 5 or 6 years time. Until that point, he's still handy for a hard challenge and running about daft in midfield when need be. Glad you have taken a punt on him as he's much better than the Brechin then downwards career trajectory he was on before McCann took a chance on him.

Likable guy and will buy into the cause as well. Acted like a fan at times on social media winding up the DABs.

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Spence is just a very young hatchet man. Every squad needs one. My days, you lot have certainly had your fill of them, particularly during the McStay era so I'm not sure how well Spence will compare! 

He's not the finished article and he'll never do anything spectacular. He was a yard too slow in the Prem and got caught out a lot, and frankly, looked out of his depth. He's only 22 though and it's clear that he's the type of player that'll be integral to a team in 5 or 6 years time. Until that point, he's still handy for a hard challenge and running about daft in midfield when need be. Glad you have taken a punt on him as he's much better than the Brechin then downwards career trajectory he was on before McCann took a chance on him.

Likable guy and will buy into the cause as well. Acted like a fan at times on social media winding up the DABs.

I guess Kets is the perfect hatchetman to take him under his wing...!

I saw Stelios in the DW gym last night doing some cycling and stretches on his legs, he looked like he was moving around fairly well, so hopefully he's not too far away from a return. I really do not want to think about Kenny at centre half, charging out of position like a drunk rushing a burger van to get the ball.

6 minutes ago, Comrie said:

I saw Stelios in the DW gym last night doing some cycling and stretches on his legs, he looked like he was moving around fairly well, so hopefully he's not too far away from a return. I really do not want to think about Kenny at centre half, charging out of position like a drunk rushing a burger van to get the ball.

Flashback to Motherwell last season when Davies was taken off and Kenny had to deputise at centre-back :o

2 minutes ago, KabbaCharming said:

Morton have signed Dylan Dykes, I know he barely featured in your first-team but anyone got any insight as to what he was like?

Big lad, more of a playmaker than a bruiser.  He played some friendlies as a ball-playing centre-back but dictating the tempo in midfield is more his thing.

3 minutes ago, KabbaCharming said:

Morton have signed Dylan Dykes, I know he barely featured in your first-team but anyone got any insight as to what he was like?

A couple of years ago he had a good 20 minutes against a 10-man ICT who were already 4-0 down. Mind you, Ryan Dow also had a good game that night.

I think we all thought we had a #baller waiting in the wings after that night. Never really materialised though.

41 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Flashback to Motherwell last season when Davies was taken off and Kenny had to deputise at centre-back :o

That was my exact thought.