The General Ross County Chat Thread

I'm pleased we've now actually got a fit left back for the Queens  game and a ball winner in midfield is nice as Draper will be in defence no doubt.

Some wide players, please.

You look at van der Weg and it's very difficult to not think that he was created in an underground lab specifically to play in the lower leagues of Scottish football. His look. His physique. His style of play. Even the way he scores goals. He should be okay at this level but he was abysmal in the topflight bar two or three games.

Lewis Spence. I literally have no idea who he is. Expect that he's cover for Draper?

You look at van der Weg and it's very difficult to not think that he was created in an underground lab specifically to play in the lower leagues of Scottish football. His look. His physique. His style of play. Even the way he scores goals. He should be okay at this level but he was abysmal in the topflight bar two or three games.
Lewis Spence. I literally have no idea who he is. Expect that he's cover for Draper?

I have no idea about Spence, other than he looks absolutely fucking thrilled to be signing for County.

I’m all in on the Kenny van Der Weg cult. He’s awful, but god have mercy on anyone who puts a late tackle in on Gardyne or Mullin. And I think the team needs that.

I hope this doesn’t mean an extended run for Draper at centre half.

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I have no idea about Spence, other than he looks absolutely fucking thrilled to be signing for County.

I’m all in on the Kenny van Der Weg cult. He’s awful, but god have mercy on anyone who puts a late tackle in on Gardyne or Mullin. And I think the team needs that.

I hope this doesn’t mean an extended run for Draper at centre half.

I think in signing Spence it all but confirms Draper will be playing in defence for the remainder of the season, not terrible but a waste of a player tbh.

Would I be wrong to hope for/expect a Jim O’Brien without the brain farts style of player in young Lewis?

Sounds good to me, if so. The reviews of his Dundee career are... mixed.

Both these guys have signed 18 month deals, which rather surprises me.

20 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Sounds good to me, if so. The reviews of his Dundee career are... mixed.

Both these guys have signed 18 month deals, which rather surprises me.

Hmm that is a bit of a surprise. I’m ok with Kenny coming back, as his defensive abilities are pretty decent. Shame he’s hopelessly slow but should do a job at this level. Can’t say I’ve really seen Spence. Really should be trying to get a winger in next.

Think it got lost in all of today's excitement but Tony Dingwall officially released this morning as well.  Frees up another wage. Glad we've got VDW in. Need defenders badly. The word cult hero is thrown about a lot but he is bone fide. Spence strikes me as having the same role McShane did when he was at the club. Didnt expect us to sign a CM but if Draper is gonna play at CB long term or at least cover there, it makes sense we do currently only have 4 fit CM's for 3 positions, including Draper. Wouldve liked to see DKD stay but hope he thrives at Falkirk so when he comes back next season, he's got the experience he needs