The General Ross County Chat Thread

5 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

In other news the P&J have Vigurs out for six weeks yet.

Reveal hidden contents

:osama:

They've got to bring someone in, right?  Incompetence by Dundee United  (mainly) is hiding a multitude of sins, one of them being how reliant County are on Vigurs (and on the flip side, how much on the periphery Don Cowie has been).

24 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

In other news the P&J have Vigurs out for six weeks yet.

Reveal hidden contents

:osama:

So....was it Kettlewell or Ferguson who managed to piss off a witch doctor?  Seriously I'm struggling to recall a time when County has so many injuries to first team players.

29 minutes ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

So....was it Kettlewell or Ferguson who managed to piss off a witch doctor?  Seriously I'm struggling to recall a time when County has so many injuries to first team players.

Is there a correlation or a causality with the decision to give the sports scientist bloke his jotters?  The County squad is nowhere near as deep as folk seem to think it is.

22 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Is there a correlation or a causality with the decision to give the sports scientist bloke his jotters?  The County squad is nowhere near as deep as folk seem to think it is.

I certainly don't think it's helped, but not sure it's the main cause.  A lot of  injuries have been impact injuries rather lack of fitness.

You're apparently about to sign Lewis Spence. Good wee midfielder, certainly a battler. Most Dees don't have much bad to say about him. Not good enough for the top flight, not even close, but a battler and will give 100% every week without fail.

I wonder if us allowing him to go to you could be seen as some sort of makeweight for Fraser, perhaps?

I've also seen that you've rejected a bid from us for Gardyne. He still half decent?

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

You're apparently about to sign Lewis Spence. Good wee midfielder, certainly a battler. Most Dees don't have much bad to say about him. Not good enough for the top flight, not even close, but a battler and will give 100% every week without fail.

I wonder if us allowing him to go to you could be seen as some sort of makeweight for Fraser, perhaps?

I've also seen that you've rejected a bid from us for Gardyne. He still half decent?

After Fraser's display against Morton I think there's a number of fans willing to drive him down to Dundee personally.

3 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Keillor-Dunn -  talk to me. I remember hearing reports on the radio praising him last season but aside from that I don't know too much, reckon he'll do a job for us?

He's frustrated this season.

He's capable of some real class at times and is more than capable of beating a man but looks like a central attacking midfielder pushed out wide more often than not so far. Has refused to go on the outside at all, even if it means cutting in and trying to run past multiple players.

4 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Keillor-Dunn -  talk to me. I remember hearing reports on the radio praising him last season but aside from that I don't know too much, reckon he'll do a job for us?

He looked quality when he first broke through, this season has been a bit meh when he's played... He has mostly been used out Left but ALWAYS cuts in. There's certainly a player in there but his game time is limited at the moment with Gardyne back and Mullen being roasting - Kets/Fergie prefer playing Ross Stewart out left for whatever reason....

Hopefully with some games we'll get a quality DKD back next season...

Edited by StoneThrowAway

2 minutes ago, Comrie said:

He's frustrated this season.

He's capable of some real class at times and is more than capable of beating a man but looks like a central attacking midfielder pushed out wide more often than not so far. Has refused to go on the outside at all, even if it means cutting in and trying to run past multiple players.

2 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

He looked quality when he first broke through, this season has been a bit meh when he's played... He has mostly been used out Left but ALWAYS cuts in. There's certainly a player in there but his game time is limited at the moment with Gardyne back and Mullen been roasting - at the moment Kets/Fergie prefer playing Ross Stewart out left for whatever reason....

Hopefully with some games we'll get a quality DKD back next season...

Cheers, we've been majorly lacking creativity and flair this season so hopefully it's a good fit for all concerned. We've signed a right footed winger who we played on the left at the weekend and was always cutting in too so maybe Ray plans on using him through the middle behind the striker.

When he's "on it", Keillor-Dunn is brilliant. He tore both Dundee and Kilmarnock new arseholes last season. Even this season, he had games where he was quiet then he'd beat three players and create an opportunity. I really like him and I think he needs an extended run in the team behind a striker - similar to Gardyne when he first appeared at County, getting stuck out wide but developed into a much better player when he went through the middle.

He's obviously flawed in some respects. He does drift out of games, and his defensive shortcomings were exposed last season.

Edited by yoda

39 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Makes a lot of sense on one level - the player himself will benefit no end from regular game time.   But my word, County are desperately short of cover in wide midfield.  

I'd expect a lot of movement in the next couple of days.

8 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

I'd expect a lot of movement in the next couple of days.

I would hope so.  A lot of these moves feel like they're making some room for incoming players.  Couple of wee loans, I would imagine.  That Celtic winger who was at St Mirren would be nice.

1 hour ago, ilostmyself said:

Cheers, we've been majorly lacking creativity and flair this season so hopefully it's a good fit for all concerned. We've signed a right footed winger who we played on the left at the weekend and was always cutting in too so maybe Ray plans on using him through the middle behind the striker.

I'd like to see how he does in an extended run a team playing him through the middle. He's reasonably quick rather than truly pacy, but has good change of pace over the first few yards and can curl them in from outside the box.