The General Ross County Chat Thread

8 hours ago, RossCountyFan14 said:

Yeah that’s fair comment re not needing a holding midfielder playing against teams with one striker, I think we would need it in the prem if we get promoted

Not exactly what I was thinking, with two centre halfs and Draper covering in front of them both full backs should be pushing further forward to add width to a very narrow team. Naismith did it so well last season, so we'll in fact Fraser couldn't get a game at right back, it was Stelios who added that extra body to help create the shot for Draper that got us the opener against the tinks. Fraser or whoever is at RB had to push on more.

1 hour ago, frankthetank22 said:

Not exactly what I was thinking, with two centre halfs and Draper covering in front of them both full backs should be pushing further forward to add width to a very narrow team. Naismith did it so well last season, so we'll in fact Fraser couldn't get a game at right back, it was Stelios who added that extra body to help create the shot for Draper that got us the opener against the tinks. Fraser or whoever is at RB had to push on more.

Agreed.  Unfortunately, it seems half those defenders are hurt or suspended.  I have no idea who'll play against QOS.

Talk of Kenny  coming back.  It'd make perfect sense to have him covering left sided centre back and left back for the rest of the season.  I can't see the managers going into the Queens game with the squad as it currently is.

Who do we have that's actually able to play against Queens? Morris, Watson and Grivosti? Theoretically we could go for a back three with Midge and Mullin as wing backs/wingers but I don't ever want to see Midge play in that role of a 3-5-2 again.

I guess you could chuck Watson out right and Grivosti to the left (or Kenny if he ever signs) and then have Morris and Draper in the middle. Draper's been relatively solid at centre half when I've seen him.

45 minutes ago, MarkPockets said:

Morris was taken off injured on Friday night. Don't know if serious or not

I didn't even realise that. Christ that leaves us short.

I see that someone has posted on OTB that Vigurs has a broken metatarsal? So presumably he'll be out for at least another month?

In my boredom during my break yesterday I toyed around with some "fantasy formations" on the back of a napkin, assuming that Vigurs would be out for a while and Morris is going through an Ivan Sproule spell of breaking every few weeks:

Fox

Fraser Watson Grivosti Demetriou

Mullin Draper Lindsay [Left-Winger]

Gardyne

Mckay

Subs: Munro, Defender, Defender/Midfielder, Paton, Keillor-Dunn, Stewart, Graham

As for next week:

Fox

Watson Draper Grivosti

Mullin Lindsay Paton Cowie Gardyne

Mckay Stewart

Surprised if we've let Tony go, for despite his lack of quality he could have been a useful option to have as we're desperately short of wide players.

2 minutes ago, M0rtonfc said:

What happened with the boy Dykes for you boys? Just utter stools or didn't get a look in? I think we are sniffing aboot!

Very surprised he hasn't had a look in.  Looked very composed in his fleeting first team appearances - came on against Inverness when we were both in the top flight and absolutely bossed it, but I guess he hasn't kicked on.  Morton could do far worse, I would imagine.  I'm guessing County are freeing up wages, though, as he's a bit part player at a push.  

Avoid his Twitter feed, though.  He's OFTW if ever there was one.

16 minutes ago, M0rtonfc said:

What happened with the boy Dykes for you boys? Just utter stools or didn't get a look in? I think we are sniffing aboot!

What little we got to see of him definently showed promise, good on the ball and I thought he'd be pushing alongside Paton for a start in the first team. 

8 minutes ago, Rover1990 said:

So what can us Raith fans expect from Dingwall if he signs?

Inconsistency, lack of application and/or confidence, and some real glimpses of talent.  You'll also have to find his best position, because I'm not sure anybody really knows.  He's played left wing, right wing, inside forward and, oddly, right back for County.  He's not a utility player though.  

He's also funny at running.

In short: your guess is as good as mine.

23 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Inconsistency, lack of application and/or confidence, and some real glimpses of talent.  You'll also have to find his best position, because I'm not sure anybody really knows.  He's played left wing, right wing, inside forward and, oddly, right back for County.  He's not a utility player though.  

He's also funny at running.

In short: your guess is as good as mine.

Sounds like what we are used to........guys who show glimpses of talent but flatter to deceive.  Hopefully dropping a couple levels will help him get some confidence.  It'll be hard fro him to break into our starting line up atm with Vaughan, Flanagan and Armstrong playing well but he'll get opportunities from the bench.  Knowing McGlynn he'll play him right back though :lol:

2 minutes ago, Rover1990 said:

Sounds like what we are used to........guys who show glimpses of talent but flatter to deceive.  Hopefully dropping a couple levels will help him get some confidence.  It'll be hard fro him to break into our starting line up atm with Vaughan, Flanagan and Armstrong playing well but he'll get opportunities from the bench.  Knowing McGlynn he'll play him right back though :lol:

I wonder if a regular run of games at a lower level will do him the world of good, or if the same traits will continue.  There's definitely a player in there, somewhere, as was said elsewhere by @bunglebonce