The General Ross County Chat Thread

Only caught bits of the game tonight on Alba, but it looks like we should have come away with something. 

It's evened out the smash and grab at the derby, but I'm hoping we get a few bodies off the injury list. Maybe a signing or two as well.

Imagine allowing pique to get in the way of strategy and getting the ball back into play when there is a game to be chased!

Kettlewell's actions around the sending to the stand incident are illuminating and mark him as someone who is perhaps lacking in a degree of panache

Seriously if Jim wants Fraser at Dundee he can have him. He just refuses to overlap and help the attack from right full back.  We have Draper as a sitting midfielder ffs!
Even young Grivosti has been over lapping Midge on the left in this game with Morton. 

Fair comment on Fraser, he was poor. But where do you want draper to play?? A holding midfield role is his best position and he’s be good at it this year and ever since caley signed him. He plugs the gaps breaks up play superbly. Albeit he didn’t have a spectacular game tonight but still. Hope Vigurs back soon so that duo can work again

1 hour ago, RossCountyFan14 said:

Fair comment on Fraser, he was poor. But where do you want draper to play?? A holding midfield role is his best position and he’s be good at it this year and ever since caley signed him. He plugs the gaps breaks up play superbly. Albeit he didn’t have a spectacular game tonight but still. Hope Vigurs back soon so that duo can work again

The point I probably didn't put across well was that with such a good holding midfielder in Draper and with most teams playing one striker against us surely our full backs don't have to be so negative. 

There's a real opportunity for them to stretch the opposition by joining the attack, Naismith did it so well, Fraser did it ok 2 years ago, yet he refuses to cross the halfway line. 

I find it extremely annoying. 

Last night’s result was pretty predictable imo. We’ve ridden our luck for a while and last Saturday was a good example. Yes, we’re hard to beat and don’t lose many goals but at the same time we don’t create many chances so we’re susceptible to losing by the odd goal.

At odd times you see flashes of what we can do, but the majority of the time the balls in the air or passes are going sideways or back. Too many passes go astray. It appears to me that a big issue is the reluctance of players to make themselves available, especially in midfield. When you couple this with the lack of penetration down the wings we end up with defenders hoofing high balls or having passes intercepted.

I’m sure the management team are aware of what the problems are, but I’m less sure that they know how to resolve this with the available players. At the moment I can’t see us winning this league and I’m less confident of a play off place. Hopefully it’s just me being a miserable sod while recovering from seasonal excess, but I’m not convinced.

18 hours ago, sophia said:

Imagine allowing pique to get in the way of strategy and getting the ball back into play when there is a game to be chased!

Kettlewell's actions around the sending to the stand incident are illuminating and mark him as someone who is perhaps lacking in a degree of panache

So so tedious.  A really tired character in a really tired sitcom, flogging the same tired jokes every episode, for ever.

4 minutes ago, dingdong1929 said:

So so tedious.  A really tired character in a really tired sitcom, flogging the same tired jokes every episode, for ever.

I'm ever so sorry and I do apologise.

I'm just glad that the events surrounding the game last night or the subsequent comments on here don't seem to have upset you.

The point I probably didn't put across well was that with such a good holding midfielder in Draper and with most teams playing one striker against us surely our full backs don't have to be so negative. 
There's a real opportunity for them to stretch the opposition by joining the attack, Naismith did it so well, Fraser did it ok 2 years ago, yet he refuses to cross the halfway line. 
I find it extremely annoying. 

Yeah that’s fair comment re not needing a holding midfielder playing against teams with one striker, I think we would need it in the prem if we get promoted