The General Ross County Chat Thread

I'd be happy to see Morris and Watson at centre half with Grivosti as back up.

I think the team is a lot weaker with Draper out of position. Takes away a lot from the midfield. That said, Draper played centre back again in the diddy cup, I guess to give him extra game time there in case Morris doesn’t make it.

I prefer Watson at right back, but given the options (not) available, I’d be okay with him in there too.

4 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I think the team is a lot weaker with Draper out of position. Takes away a lot from the midfield. That said, Draper played centre back again in the diddy cup, I guess to give him extra game time there in case Morris doesn’t make it.

I prefer Watson at right back, but given the options (not) available, I’d be okay with him in there too.

Our soft underbelly really shows when he's at centre half.

4 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Our soft underbelly really shows when he's at centre half.

Yes it does.  I can't say Kettleson has won me over yet.  I think they've made some curious decisions regarding the squad, and got lucky that Mullin is a lot better going forward than advertised.  In fairness, they might have spotted that, but I feel they originally signed him to play right wing back in a back 3/5.

Yes it does.  I can't say Kettleson has won me over yet.  I think they've made some curious decisions regarding the squad, and got lucky that Mullin is a lot better going forward than advertised.  In fairness, they might have spotted that, but I feel they originally signed him to play right wing back in a back 3/5.

I like the two gaffers we have, we’re 2nd in the league barely lost and in the semi of the cup. This coming with a number of injuries

2 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Were you guys aware when they signed that both Morris and Watson are crocks?

Morris didn't really miss that many games with us at all tbf, certainly not nearly enough to be labelled a crock. Didn't strike me as anymore injury prone than anyone else. 

Watson hasn't been injured that I'm aware of and this is Morris' first injury of note- it's been everyone else who has been falling apart at the back.

9 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Watson wouldn’t be at County if he wasn’t a perma-crock.

This. He was signed to be our first choice right back and was outstanding in a game against Celtic.

Injuries became more and more common and he eventually just vanished. Made on bizarre reappearance where the much maligned Miles Storey absolutely destroyed him.

I really hope Paton is part of the future, we really could do with him in the middle of the park at the minute. Cowie was absolutely blowing after half an hour.

19 hours ago, Comrie said:

I really hope Paton is part of the future, we really could do with him in the middle of the park at the minute. Cowie was absolutely blowing after half an hour.

Totally agree.  I think it's indicative of how far out of the picture Paton is that he was allowed to play in the cup.  It's more than possible he gets more cup games with Stenny than he would with County, though!

I also think there's a disconnect between Kettlewell's comments and the fact that he's only got a one-year deal.

4 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Totally agree.  I think it's indicative of how far out of the picture Paton is that he was allowed to play in the cup.  It's more than possible he gets more cup games with Stenny than he would with County, though!

I also think there's a disconnect between Kettlewell's comments and the fact that he's only got a one-year deal.

Could be mistaken but as he is the manager I’m sure Kettlewell knows better...

A wee glimpse at the BBC's Championship top scorers chart:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-championship/top-scorers

Billy Mckay has taken fewer than half of the amount of shots that Lawrence Shankland has; fewer still than Stephen Dobbie; and has played 300-odd minutes fewer than either as well.